Parking skills......

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
........of a Hilux driver I saw near work.

Yep, thats half in a disabled parking spot and there is another car in the other half he has backed into. I suppose the disabled spot is appropriate.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 234
The vehicle says enough to me. Hilux drivers still believe the Toyota advertising about being unbreakable.

The old ones were tough but the new Hilux's are rubbish.

Dave.

Thats pretty much how I park at every westfields etc haha (not in a wheelie spot though) Bloody big D40's.....

What that pic doesn't show is how the Hilux got there in the first place.

Low4, foot to the floor and red line revs to get over the concrete blocks then down the pub to tell their mates how they've been out doing some Low 4 work...and all this just to avoid using that gear that makes the vehicle go backwards.

Ha ha ha! Like I said to my kids one day, not all disabilities require a wheel chair. As Dave said they drive a Hilux.......................:big_smile:

It pisses me off when you see that! It gives the rest of us a bad name. God knows the general public hate us enough already. Plus it always seems to be me that needs the park next to him. Hard enough to get a d40 into a park without worrying about wankers who can't drive in the lines.

God knows the general public hate us enough already.

Dammit I didn't realise the general public hated me too, I thought it was just forum users...oh well to late to change now.

Hard enough to get a d40 into a park without worrying about wankers who can't drive in the lines.

This seems to be a topic that comes up semi regularly with the D40's but I can't for the life of me see what's so hard about parking a D40 in car parks, I agree that wankers who take up more than one space make it harder but remove the wanker aspect and I find the D40 as easy to park as most other cars.

The one thing I do find slightly amusing is that the same topic has probably been discussed, or will be discussed on Triton, Hilux or Ranger forums with the only change being the car in the pic will be a Nav.

You must be a better driver than me then Krafty. I find the d40 drags its ass around something shocking because it is so long. It's alright in country car parks but you get it into an inner city underground car park and I get frustrated pretty quickly.

I thought my 2wd triton was a bitch to park, it's much easier than the D40. It's fine most places but I have to I have to drive past a fair few parks at the local shopping centre before I find one that I can get into in less than a 3 point turn. Maybe their aisles are a bit close together.

Length is a bit of an issue, although the old mans crewman is worse because the bonnet seems so much longer than the Nav (dunno if it is I've never measured it). I find many car parks too short for the Nav which really does suck because when I used to work at the council we had to make all parks to a set size but it appears the rules have changed on that over the years.

I also tend to reverse park in shopping center car parks and the like, I don't care if I hold up traffic and don't care if people get upset I just take my time and reverse the Nav into parking spots at my leisure. Spent years reversing onto loading docks and the like in trucks much larger than the Nav so I guess I might be more used to parking larger vehicles than some people.

Latest posts

Back