2.75 or 3" for 3.0 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barna

Reaction score
Hey guys ,
Just wondering whats a good brand exhaust to get .I heard Beaudesert is ok and I got a quote for a 2.75" aluminised system with dump pipe and high flow cat for $1245.00 delivered to Cairns.does that sound about right ?.They recomend the 2.75" system ,does anyone think that 3" is a bit of an over kill?.

I have the 2.75" Beaudesert exhaust and I'm very happy with it. I paid about that price.

Does anyone know the size of the standard dump pipe? I am looking at getting a 2.5" system on mine but the dealer I was talking to said they don't worry about changing the dump pipe. Does this sound correct as I don't want to waste my money and have no gain?

Barna - I paid about $1200 to get mine shipped to townsville so that price is about right

Andrew - changing dump pipe at same time as muffler will get you the best improvement. Going through someone like Beuadesert or Tiapan, they will have all the info prepared for your truck. I've got a pic of the old vs new dump pipes in my garage if you want a look. Much less rstriction on the new Beudesert system comp to the factory.

have fun

Not changing the dump pipe is a waste of time on changing the rest of the system.

The dump pipe is the main restriction.

Dave.

Not changing the dump pipe is a waste of time on changing the rest of the system.

The dump pipe is the main restriction.

Dave.

i don't agree with that. the main restriction is the main muffler itself. just changing that on its own will make a big difference. dump pipe makes some improvement but nothing close to what changing the muffler does.

Hey all, looking at doing the exhaust on my nav sometime in the near future (05 D22 3.0L). Been looking at the Beaudesert system as they seem to come pretty highly recommended, but im just wondering, is there really enough of a noticeable difference to justify the coin? Does anyone have any soundclips of how theirs sounds with this system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Ant.

yes its worth the $$$$ :)

the biggest gain is changing the rear muffler, its has a very small entrance causing a lot of restriction. the dump pipe didn't change the actual power much at all, but it did mean boost gets up quicker so power is on sooner. makes for much better driveability.

only thing is 2.75 may be an odd size for many exhaust shops should you want to get things fixed later down the track.
if your looking at chipping it at some stage then i would go 3". however they are a tight fit.

i don't agree with that. the main restriction is the main muffler itself. just changing that on its own will make a big difference. dump pipe makes some improvement but nothing close to what changing the muffler does.

I had the oportunity to try this mod 2 weeks ago on a known trip. I removed the rear assembly and had fitted a replacement pipe only. Towing a car trailer with my rally car on it, and a mate towing another rally car with his standard STR. Apart from extra exhaust noise, there was no noticable difference, fuel economy was spot on 15l/100km as it always was and on hills travelling together I could barely pull away from the other vehicle despite him towing approx 300kg more than I.

My exhaust guy had suggested it was BS before I went as the restriction in the dump pipe is either equal or smaller than the one in the main assembly, so both would need attention. But as I was travelling a known trip that I'd done several times before, and had a std car to compare with I figured I'd try it out. He's looking at finding a reasonable priced dump pipe as he feels the Beaudesert whilst being good quality is a bit overpriced.

So it would appear as though one without the other may not work.

Cheers,

I had the oportunity to try this mod 2 weeks ago on a known trip. I removed the rear assembly and had fitted a replacement pipe only. Towing a car trailer with my rally car on it, and a mate towing another rally car with his standard STR. Apart from extra exhaust noise, there was no noticable difference, fuel economy was spot on 15l/100km as it always was and on hills travelling together I could barely pull away from the other vehicle despite him towing approx 300kg more than I.

My exhaust guy had suggested it was BS before I went as the restriction in the dump pipe is either equal or smaller than the one in the main assembly, so both would need attention. But as I was travelling a known trip that I'd done several times before, and had a std car to compare with I figured I'd try it out. He's looking at finding a reasonable priced dump pipe as he feels the Beaudesert whilst being good quality is a bit overpriced.

So it would appear as though one without the other may not work.

Cheers,

thats certainly different from my experience.
i originally changed just the rear muffler, fitted an offset 2.5" muffler (tho you can still see through it!). power went up a bit, certainly pulled up hills better and max boost went from 15psi to ~18psi.
later on fitted 2.75" dump pipe (was meant to be 3") and changed the rest of the exhaust to 2.5". no real increase in power just got boost up earlier.

however one thing that could be a factor, my old cat was surprisingly clean. i wonder if yours is sooted up and causing a restriction ??

I havnt changed my dump pipe but removed the cat and all the mufflers 2.5 inch mandrel bent straight through great sound and better performance

Hey guys ,
Just wondering whats a good brand exhaust to get .I heard Beaudesert is ok and I got a quote for a 2.75" aluminised system with dump pipe and high flow cat for $1245.00 delivered to Cairns..

My quote was slightly cheaper but I'm in Brisbane not Cairns, but my question is do I need to put the Nav on a hoist or stands to remove the old and fit the new system.

Latest posts

Back