Landcruiser park 10/11th April

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
Well what a weekend!

Jason and I left the northside at 6.30am, and made pretty good time to the park. Fueled up at Kilcoy on the way. I think we got there at about 8.30. We decided to set up camp and head off looking for firewood while we were waiting for Ray and his brother to arrive. Jasons chainsaw made pretty light work of the firewood job so it left us plenty of time to find some mud in the pigpen lol.

Ray and co were there when we got back to camp so we settled in for a meet and greet, had lunch and then headed of around the top loop of the park. Most of the tracks were pretty easy, with a few sections a little challenging, especially for the Ford Explorer which was just lacking in ground clearance and tyres really. It got through everywhere we went though with one mudflap being the only casualty.

The next morning we set off in just the 3 navara’s and did a few more challenging tracks, from memory we did:
Telecom Hill (quite steep and rocky, goes forever!)
Old Hilux hill
Jims jump up
And we had a play in claw Gorge I think.

We did a really good mix of tracks, some muddy, some rocky, some beautiful ones up the tops of the mountains. All the cars went really well, and Ray did a superb job for his first time out ‘real’ 4wding.

It was a really good group of people, and it was great to see a few wives and kids there enjoying it too. The campfire on Saturday night was great, with lots of D40/D22 bashing. I think we all know deep down which is the better model though don’t we guys? LOL

We got pelted by rain just after we left the park on Sunday arvo, so I hope Ray and his brother didn’t get too wet back at camp. It was pretty bloody heavy rain!

Here are a couple of pics, there will no doubt be more coming over the next couple of days.

looks like a great weekend, bet you are thinking about the next time already

Was great fun, I'll put some pics and vids up soon.

Matt forgot to mention...........I found out why I was having difficulty getting my tent back into it's bag, they didn't allow for me to try and roll up a dozen bread rolls and half a dozen eggs with it! Ha ha, what a numpty. Left them in the tent.

Was great fun, I'll put some pics and vids up soon.

Matt forgot to mention...........I found out why I was having difficulty getting my tent back into it's bag, they didn't allow for me to try and roll up a dozen bread rolls and half a dozen eggs with it! Ha ha, what a numpty. Left them in the tent.

Oh yeah I forgot about that one :big_smile:...did the eggs break?

Only one of the 6 broke and it all stayed in the box thank god!

Ha ha, so lucky.

Guys what can I say. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Had an absolute ball, and having Matt and Jason there to teach a couple of newbies the ropes was unreal!! I was driving home organising in my head the return trip to the park, what a great spot.

Yep, the storm we copped Sunday arvo was a beauty, saw the black clouds coming then an hour later it hit. Rained for about an hour pretty hard, turned our area into a lagoon, but still got out and cooked on the campfire, (I stood over it with an umbrella to keep it going :victory:)

But the real treat was meeting you guys, and getting out to see what these Navaras can do, I was very happy. I'll put a couple of happy snaps up once they are organised, just spent a couple of hours cleaning out the dirt and dog hair from Navvys interior, :big_smile:

Oh thats right, get to the office on the way out to use their compressor, and find outs its broken and still not fixed AHHHHHHHHH. Shane had his $70.00 Aldi special on hand and it worked great, doing both his tyres and mine.
Next Trip, whens the next trip!!!!!

Hoo Roo

Last edited:
Oh I forgot about their compressor being broken! They told us on the way in but I should have radioed you. Sorry. We stayed on 27PSI until we got to Jimna Fire Tower and then aired up there. How was the ice truck on the way out?

We got smashed with that rain on the way home, was a beauty!

Glad you, Shane and the families enjoyed it mate.

Heres some shots from a great weekend.

DSCF6229.jpg

DSCF6216.jpg

DSCF6202.jpg

DSCF6269.jpg

Looks like it was an awesome trip, sorry I couldnt make it. Will try and make it to the next one.

How longs the truck been sitting there, wouldn't have lasted a day in the bush around here some bugger would have righter it and rebirthed it before the scratches had time to form rust.

How longs the truck been sitting there, wouldn't have lasted a day in the bush around here some bugger would have righter it and rebirthed it before the scratches had time to form rust.

Not sure how long its been there.

I don't even know how anyone will get it out mate, that hill that it is on is bloody steep and quite loose gravel, and on top of that it is buried in the trees nicely. Its going to be a major operation to retrieve it.

I think the office said it happened at Easter, doing an ice delivery.

I wouldn't expect them to leave it there, truck didn't seem a total write off. But the cost of recovery etc etc, who knows.

Hoo Roo

Latest posts

Back