D22 STR Turbo Timer ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'Day to all,

Just seeing how many of you have turbo timers on your D22's?
Thinking of putting 1 on my new Nav, not sure of good brands and how hard they are to install yourself? Heaps of them on eBay.
Any input from you all would be great, Cheers Matt.

I have a timer on mine, you should have no problems fitting one, usually only 4 or 5 wires, if you can bell out the ignition switch and figure out which is the common, ign etc you won't have an issue.

I got one too.

Just a cheap one off eBay.

If you have a test light or multimeter and know how to use it you will have no probs.

Plenty of people to guide you on here anyway.

Im thinking of doing the same, might have a look around ebay as well.

If you decide to do it make sure you update thread with tips!

I have installed an EGT gauge and for me this is better than the turbo timer as I now just leave my ute idling until the temp drops to around the 150 degrees celcius mark. Sometimes I don't have to idle down at all while other times I have to leave it idling up to 2 mins.

In saying this, I am always early arriving to places so I am not bothered sitting in my car for an extra 2 mins if need be.

I got a Greddy turbo timer on my Nav, its a volt metre, digital speedo, can record laps if I want, can record the quarter mile if I want etc.

Cost me $150 I think it was.

Dave.

I use a bogaard one which is many many years old and hasn't failed me. Probably don't need one if you like to sit in your car for a minute or two after a hard drive. I'm pretty lazy and always impatient so it works for me.

Ditto, i also have a Bogaard turbo timer, but you can get cheapies from Bursons, ebay etc. The thing about the Bogaard, its a simple plug in, ready to go.

cheers,

Lance

Ive got the boggard one aswell. GF at the time bought it for me but i think it was about $200, easy as to fit up.

Thanks guys, have ended up ordering a Boggard Timer from my local TJM store $180 pick it up tomorrow, so from what i've been told i should just have to unscrew cover under steering column and plug it in............
How hard is the EGT Gauge to install, seen a nice pic of a EGT & Boost gauge mounted in small pods on right hand pillar on here, looked good keen on doing that.

Let me know how you go Matt, looks like I will be doing the same. A picture mid job would be great!

Cheers.

Mine was something like $35.00 off eBay.

3 wires to connect. Easy as. Would be happy to take pic of the connections if anyone wants.

do any of these things link in easily with central locking/immobiliser?

Nath

EDIT - Just seen Shonky's answer in the d40 thread of the same name

Last edited:
Yep, i have an immobiliser and it works fine, suppose it should as it was made for the car with the plug in wiring.

Latest posts

Back