Performance chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd22

Reaction score
Hi, I bought my 2004 d22 second hand and it came with a dtronic chip. For some reason the engine malfunction light comes on now and again and the car just stops in the middle of the road. The blokes at Rankin' diesel took it off for us and now the car runs fine. Has anyone had any problems like this? Does it need to be tuned or something? I do want to put it back on cos it does do better with fuel and a bit more power.

Yeah it did, but I took it to the nissan dealers in blackburn and they wiped the log and told me I needed to put in a new fuel injector pump. And they were going to charge me $4,500 for it.

Took it to Rankin' Diesel and they said my car should run fine without the chip and it did. So yeah, maybe the chip doesn't work with the pump? Don't know.....

next time get the code from them. sometimes theres other causes to the fault. if it doesn't fault without the chip plug the chip back in. if it faults again with the chip send the chip back to DP and they can check it.

other common causes to pump faults is blocked fuel filter and air being sucked into the fuel lines.

next time get the code from them. sometimes theres other causes to the fault. if it doesn't fault without the chip plug the chip back in. if it faults again with the chip send the chip back to DP and they can check it.

other common causes to pump faults is blocked fuel filter and air being sucked into the fuel lines.

Spot on tweak'e.

The ECU logs a P7 code, which means air in the fuel (Inj Pump)

1. Check you pusher pump on the fuel filter goes rock hard after a couple of solid pumps.

2. Drain/Change your fuel filter

If 1+2 don't work, try

3. Ccleaning the sensor on the bottom of the fuel filter. The manget sometimes has a habit of getting a bit of mud into it and can jam on especially after travelling on rough roads.

4. Drain your fuel tank and inspect all hoses for splits and any worm clamps that have failed. Put some fresh clean fuel in and cross your fingers!

theres no code for air in the fuel. generally causes timing issues and sometimes even injection issues. ecu thinks pumps is stuffed and it will put out different codes for fuel and timing faults.

trouble is the ecu only puts out a code of the fault happens twice in a row. so an intermittent fault won't necessarily cause an error code straight away.

Thanks for the advice, I've actually tried draining it and only a couple of drops came out. I'll try cleaning the sensor and draining the tank this weekend probably when I have some time...fingers crossed.

i wouldn't bother draining the tank unless there wa some serious crap in the fuel filter. just change the filter they are cheap enough. then look inside the old one and see whats in it.

Latest posts

Back