Chip it saying "Hi"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip Tuning

Reaction score
Hi forum members, mods and admins. :shakehands:

Found this site though google searching DPF mods to the D40 since we have found it made a huge difference to the performance of these vehicles.

Didn't find too much so thought to join us and let folks know what we have been getting up to. :moil:

Hope we can be of some help to the forum re diesel performance solutions. :3gears:

Cheers

Hi Robert,
Some more info on the chip please. What sensor inputs does it use? Does it require its own power supply, does it alter injection timing and fuel pressure? How long does it take to install, Do you offer a money back guarantee no questions asked?

Cheers.

Chip it terms and condition don't install a lot of confidence.

Quote from their web page.

"All products purchased from CHIP IT Australia P/L (CHIP IT) are sold on a “No Return Basis”, unless agreed to with sole discretion of CHIP IT and with a restocking fee of up to 25%, so please choose carefully. We offer a return policy on products that are “Dead on Arrival”, “Damaged in Transit” or “Incorrectly Shipped”.

Hi Robert,
Some more info on the chip please. What sensor inputs does it use? Does it require its own power supply, does it alter injection timing and fuel pressure? How long does it take to install, Do you offer a money back guarantee no questions asked?

Cheers.

Hi KINGCAB.

There is a 30 day money back guarantee on the Chip. The guarantee is there if the product does not do what we say it will do. If someone breaks the unit, or runs over the unit (or something similar) there is no money back guarantee (of course)

We also offer a full 5 year guarantee on faulty Modules. Yep, a full 5 years.

Only 1 other company I know offers a similar guarantee in this industry and they charge more than double FOR THE SAME PRODUCT.

In fact, our Chips goes beyond by offering a secondary power-up feature.

We also hook into the boost MAP sensor and increase turbo boost where/when needed. On the Nav there is a little trick we learnt to get a better low down power.

We also guarantee to make more power than ANY OTHER CHIP. :victory:

Regarding the terms and Conditions you mentioned, we also sell other products so the terms and conditions need to be in place to cover those items in general. But regarding the Chips, no one comes close.

** But mods, please advise if this is the place to make these commencts or should I seek another thread (or sponsorship) to discuss.

If anyone needs to discuss futher my email address is [email protected]

Thanks guys

Regards

Last edited:
BTW, we do have have a separate power supply (connection to the battery + and -)

The reason we do this is because taking power from the sensor 5 volts proved to take A very small amount of singal strength away from the signal going back to the factory ECU.

It makes Chips (other brands) a little less stable.

It would be cheaper to do without those extra wires in the harness however we feel its the right way to go about it.

Lastly, if the Mods allow, I could post up a FAQ re injection timing alterations and how this is accomplished. I will await their answer on this before posting.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Last edited:
hmmm, not real sure in their own products i think.

woznme, now that I have explained a little, do you still think we are not confident in our own products? :)

But I shouldv'e been clearer in my first posts so that I didn't become a target ;)

The D40 really does come alive with the Chips and the D22 Chip should be ready in a couple of months as well.

Cheers

Here's a dyno sheet

CHIPIT-NISSAN-D40-DYNO.jpg

Last edited:
The dyno graph isn't very clear but from what I can see it shows less power and torque at 1400rpm than the standard tune. Is that correct? looks like the "no DPF tune" needs to be at 1600rpm to make the standard torque at 1400rpm.

No. Thats just the ramp up in the automatic.

The load on the dyno doesn't start immediately and we couldn't start the run earlier as the auto would kick down.

Just the tools that are available unfortunatly. :dong:

All on road tests show great increase in drivability and good power increase. The auto kicks down better too.

Robert provides the detailed information for the Chips and the D22 Chip on the Nissan D40 2009 with graphs and functions, and I believe the chips work extremely well on the ZD30 vehicles.

Derby

Last edited:
yes the dyno sheet will be up in a few days (i sent the chart to the web guy to place it under the Nissan Patrol area ... if someone can link from there to here whilst I am away that would be terrific.

The owner said he was happy with the figures obtained but was NOT out for MAX power. So we respected his wishes and stopped it there however there certainly was more in it (we were not at the top of the range)

ie, You will be able to replicate these numbers very easily.

When we get another ZD30 and he is happy to go for more power we will post those figures up too.

For now: power is up from 320 NM (which spiked badly, to 380nm with a much broader curve. ie at 2000 RPM std torque at the wheels is around 240nm but we have 350nm. That's a 45% increase down low ... where it counts!

Last edited:
... and I do recall some competitor on here saying Chip It couldn't do a Performance Module for the Pre Common Rail engines because it was harder to do than the Common Rail Performance Module.

I guess he was wrong.

:)

Latest posts

Back