Chip it saying "Hi"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much less power will the D22 ZD30 make over the GU spec.

More importantly, torque mainly.

always same price regardless of Common Rail or Pre.

NON EGT CONTROLLED $999

EGT Controlled $1299

$25.00 Freight

Minus the 10% forum discount on the Chips

Last edited:
for a short time only, price is $999 without EGT controller and $1299 with EGT Controller.

Prices are increasing early next year to coincide with the official launch of our injector piggy back module.

Minus the 10% forum discount on the Chips

Hope this helps

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi i have a chipit chip in my D40 and was just wondering if there are any benifits in getting it custom tuned to my ute and what can be improved over the standard tunes tat come with it
Cheers

there's SOME benefits. but the tunes we supply are all you need.

Remember the turbo shafts are not tough so you cannot wind up the boost much more than stock. Only around 2 PSI.

So no need for a custom tune unless yours is smokey etc.

What tune you running?

We have started a Sydney outlet that will do Chip It and other things Justin does not have the time or inclination for. For example, OEM ECU Flash Tuning, DPF OFF and EGR OFF flashing, and other stuff like ProVent style Catch Cans, inter-cooler kits and turbo upgrades.

You can still catch me on the chipit email but i am moving over to [email protected] from Christmas.

I am still the only place to get a 10% discount for Chip It Modules.

there's SOME benefits. but the tunes we supply are all you need.

Remember the turbo shafts are not tough so you cannot wind up the boost much more than stock. Only around 2 PSI.

So no need for a custom tune unless yours is smokey etc.

What tune you running?

Thanks for quick reply i am running tune 6 at the moment doesnt blow much smoke while empty but if i put a load on it pumps a bit out i had it on tune 8 the last few weeks it blows a shit load on that setting but the ute goes hard.

Cheers
longy

yes, the issue with D40 is the turbo shaft is not so strong so you cannot add too much boost. Otherwise we could add more boost and reduce the smoke.

Q. have you blanked off the EGR?

Howdy rob.
I bought a chip off you a while back for my d40, you've just mentioned if the truck is blowing smoke to custom tune it...
Mine blows white smoke a lot, at night I can smog out 3 lanes if I get under it hard enough. Does that warrant a custom job???

Its more a piece of mind more then anything mate.
Haven't changed from what it came with, and have the egr plate in

yes sorry, was just trying to be funny.

TRUE STORY: a good mate of mine had his D40 blowing smoke. he took it in (without the chip) and they found a hose not connected. I wasn't there so I don't know which, but must be turbo vane control or MAP sensor.

They fixed it. He refitted chip and was going fine. Good power, no smoke.

Then, a few months later he saw smoke again and noticed a lack of power. He brought it to his local mechanic and he spotted the hose to the inter-cooler was SPLIT. Replaced this and its good again.

are you still in warranty Mike? If so, see if you can see any hose off. Otherwise, feel free to call the office and speak to Rhys or Jarrad. They may need to test a few things with you.

Let me know how you go please.

Cheers

yes, the issue with D40 is the turbo shaft is not so strong so you cannot add too much boost. Otherwise we could add more boost and reduce the smoke.

Q. have you blanked off the EGR?

Yeh i have blanked off the EGR and installed the fuel rail mod.

Ute is a 2011 6speed manual kingcab i think its the 126kw model

Also i noticed the other day while loading tunes that the standard factory tune will not load do you think this will effect the EGT controller if it ever gets hot enough that it needs to cut the chip.

Cheers,
Longy

change the factory tune name to factorytune (without the space. it will then work. No. It does not have any bearing to the factory in within the Tune you are running now.

Could you guys call Support tomorrow on 1800 78 48 82 so Jarrad or Kristian can have a word to you about the chip / tune. You will need to fill him in. Lets see is we can't get to the bottom of this. It wont be too hard and maybe its just a matter of reducing the tune level. They may also be able to email you out a new tune to try on your particular setups.

Let me know how you go

Cheers

Latest posts

Back