Drive safely/slower on beaches you'll see why.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismo4x4

Reaction score
Cruisin on the beach...hit a bump...A frame digs in...navara's chassis gooOOoooOOne!!!

Attachments

• navara1.jpg
    navara1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 437
  • navara2.jpg
    navara2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 371
I saw that posted somewhere a while ago and all I can say is that I'm still glad it's not mine

tilt tray!

Thats handy.

lol weld some hydrolics and ur rock n rollin.

yea was googling image lifted navaras and came across it...apparently its a common occurance with dual cabs with over loading past the rear axle.. but towing a boat like that and hitting a bump in sand at decent speeds would damage any pickup...

i wonder if thats covered under warranty

thats a good example of what happens when you overload the back and use air bags to hide it.
notice how long the deck is and how far back the tow ball is. such huge amount of weight past the rear of the axle takes its toll. they are just lucky it was on a beach rather than down the main highway.

I was very impressed when I picked mine up at how the rear wheels are in the middle of the tray (king cab though), my mates ranger has them way up the front of the tray (same cab layout), I assume shorter wheelbase.
Everything i've done to mine I've tried to keep any weight up front and down low (water tank, battery etc) and looking at that pic i'm bloody glad I did too.
Poor bugger.

PS Nice boat though

Everything i've done to mine I've tried to keep any weight up front and down low (water tank, battery etc) and looking at that pic i'm bloody glad I did too.

exactly.

we go a bit further, flat deck is close to cab made from nice strong steel which makes for a thin head board (no 2-3" alloy tube headboards!) and even lowered deck just to get the weight forward and as low as much as possible.
considering the boss came in with ~1500kg on the back the other day tells you why :wink:

double cabs are the worse as you only have that strip above the axle to put any real load on. any weight at the rear just gets amplified, extended tow ball with a big trailer is about as bad as you can get.

Latest posts

Back