2006 D40 2nd fuel filter not in handbook

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philm

Reaction score
I notice there is another fuel filter on the passenger side at the rear of the engine bay - screw on type with inlet and outlet on top mounting casting.
It is not referred to in the handbook or workshop manual??
I wonder if a CAV type filter can be fitted instead of it. and I wonder where replacements can be bought.
Its the one that would block up 1st.

I'm just about to do a trip to Darwin and want to carry a spare.

some of thee overseas models have dual filters, thats one is referred to as the sedimenter.
only problem with CAV is getting filters that flow enough.

awww i want dual fuel filters but will need to upgrade the fuel pump ;-(

is urs spain Or thai built? spain = vsk chassi #

shouldn't need to upgrade fuel pump (actually you can't !). it will pull through dual filters easy enough as long as the added filter isn't to small.

they change the filter after the sedimenter and dealers say they only change it "when performance is affected"-to late then . make sure you are sitting down when asking nissan for a price too :)

they change the filter after the sedimenter and dealers say they only change it "when performance is affected"-to late then . make sure you are sitting down when asking nissan for a price too :)

thats kinda stupid of nissan isn't it. the first filter is what will catch the bulk of the crap. thats the one that will need changing first.
guys fit a pre filter so the main filter lasts longer. nissan seams to be back to front.

Thanks for the replies- its a Spain build.
the sedimeter should be the one changed regularly as it should stop the big lumps and water - but it does not have a water drain?

I will ask nissan dealer for a price today.
then look into an aftermarket spare.

Latest posts

Back