Looking for more height

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAV80Y

Reaction score
i realise this was asked sometime last year but i noticed only one guy ever replied so im hoping now there are a few more members who may see this thread... i have a 2wd dual cab D21 and would really like some extra height if possible but am not in the position to spend much money... an old mate used to buy his utes and the first thing he would do is a spring over in the rear... first of all i'd like to know if thats an option for me and secondly if it is, how would i go about lifting the front end to match??? any advice would be much appreciated, even if you wanna inform me that it cant really be done

Oh, yeah. You could fit a 4x4 C200 axle in the rear, that would give you a SOA. Or you could get custom shaped springs with the same rate but a higher ride height. Probably cheaper to go the SOA.

Don't use lifting blocks, don't use extended shackles. They're disgusting.

For the front, well... You could crank the torsion bars but you might not get enough out of them. I don't think you can flip drop spindles upside down but maybe look into that. The other option is to try and offset the front chassis subframe but that doesn't help with the top arm.

I believe in the US there is a high clearance 4x2 hardbody? Maybe try to ascertain what is different about the front suspension on that model.

Latest posts

Back