Please help me out!! Urgent, engine help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseph

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first of all thanks for taking the time off to read my post.

here is the deal: i own a frontier d22 zd30ddt engine, crew cab.

this Saturday i had this problem: i was driving on highway doing some 90 mph at 3500-3600 rpm when the truck suddenly started bucking, the check engine light turned on and i pulled over to check oil and stuff like that, i thought maybe something went off and i spilled the oil or something worst. turns out there was no oil nowhere, then i thought it was a sensor thing so i checked all the sensors, unplugged and plugged them again. i turned the ignition key, all the lights were on then i started the engine, the light was off. i thought it was a faulty sensor or something, i hit the road again. shifting at 3200-3500rpm, 1rst gear was ok, 2nd gear was ok, 3rd gear when i reached 3k rpm there was the bucking, shifted to 4th gear at 3k the same, the vehicle was bucking again, at 5th gear when i got 3100 rpm there was the bucking again and the light :(!! pulled over again, and do over.

maybe its just me but i think the vehicle should behave better at 2k rpm but it doesnt i kind of feel it powerless, it just get better when i get to 2,5k rpm wich shouldnt be since ive seen the torque graphic and @2k rpm the vehicle should have maximun torque, so whats going on with me ?

iam actually running a frontier with a zd30ddt engine with blocked EGR, oil catch can, original turbo and 2.5" exhaust

PD: i checked the header for leaks, maybe the gasket was failing and i was losing pressure but no, no leaks.

iam kind of desperate, this week iam going to install a boost gauge to measure the turbo boost, anyone knows what the normal boost readings should be like ??

greetings, any help would be just fine.

if anyone knows how to read a CEL code with a scanner by making the CEL light blink id really appreciate it

Checked the nuetral position switch? It's on the gearbox somewhere.

Unplug it and see if it does the same thing.

thx jason

ok jason ill give it a try and get back to you.

what about the turbo? at 2k rpm it should have a nice torque but it doesnt feels quite like it.

what about the turbo? at 2k rpm it should have a nice torque but it doesnt feels quite like it.

The torque delivery will be affected by a faulty NPS so rule that out first before looking into less common, more complicated faults.

Alos check the fuel filter. Similar think happened to me about 3 weeks ago. Going along up some steep corrugated climbs and then lost power over about 2.5K rpm and the check engine light came on. Feels like it hit a wall and just wouldn't accelerate.

Went to the nearest town, threw a new fuel filter on, cleaned the sensor and haven't had any problems since. (fingers crossed)

yes they do. crank only, no cam sensor.

but fuel filter and neutral switch would be far more likly.

these are the same symptoms im getting. It was the only in 3rd and 4th that had me stumped. ive checked the nps and it seems to work when out of the vehicle but what should its position be when not in neutral, open or closed?

taken the nps out and freed it off, now its reading open circuit as I presume it should but still no better. the fuel filter is new. Are there any other sensors I should be looking at and if so where are they? Please someone come up with a miracle because its driving me mad not being able to overtake tractors or pushbikes if they are on a hill:sad:

From memory its the one at the back closest to the torsion bar adjuster on the right side on the vehicle.

Dave.

Starting from the front of the transfer box it has the nps, then the 4wd switch then right at the back another switch/sensor

Got to say thanks to Hadricus for the service manual download cos it told me there was a NPS on the gearbox which according to the manual mine shouldnt have, but did so out with the wire snips and performance is restored

Latest posts

Back