V9X engine out or cabin off?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Labsy

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

It's not Navara in my case, but R51 Pathfinder 2010 with V6 3.0 engine V9X. Having problems with smoke/poor acceleration in low rpm range, also she drinks quite some oil.
I suspect injectors, maybe compression, but most of all turbo - there is quite some oil and black gunk around PCV and turbo, oil gets dirty soon after exchange. No DTC, just 5-10 seconds lag in acceleration and a ton of vlack smoke when giving it some gas between 1000 and 2000 rpm.

So, injectors and compression I can check quite easily, I also replaced turbo SCV and checked variable vanes actuator rod (moving), but it is squeezed between engine and firewall, so to have turbo serviced, either engine out or cabin off.

Did anybody took engine out or cabin off? Is there a lot of work for either scenario?

Your pathfinder does seem to need lots of attention!
Engine out. I've not done it, but others have said a day's work to remove it. If you have access to a lift it will make it much easier to access the fixings underneath the car.

Your pathfinder does seem to need lots of attention!
Engine out. I've not done it, but others have said a day's work to remove it. If you have access to a lift it will make it much easier to access the fixings underneath the car.
Indeed, obviously needs attention... or I (and all mechanics till now) have been looking into wrong direction.

I have a chance to sell it for pretty good price, or face all the problems and expenses for the sake of loving the car.

Hey Labsy,
Before you get too far down the turbo out nightmare, try bypassing the Boost Control solenoid and see if it makes any difference (pictured). Simply join the hoses that are pictured with the yellow and blue markings while it is idling and you may hear the engine "sweeten up". If it does, take it for an average condition drive around. You will know straight away if this is the fault. Don't hammer it as the turbo will disown you very quickly over 2k revs.
These are all the same conditions mine exhibited when the BCS crapped out on me. Unfortunately the circuit testing in the workshop manual is not very reliable as it could be as simple as a touch and break wire inside the BCS that is intermitent.

Attachments

• 20181216_121107.jpg
    20181216_121107.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back