Mirrors moved in from traffic

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayk

Reaction score
Sorry guys didnt know how else to name the topic.
ive got a st nav, and i have seen a few that have their mirrors fully bent in so they dont get hit by passing traffic. does anyone know how this is done, other than them already being smashed?

thanks,

james

Do you mean they've folded the mirrors in? They are able to move, just grab it and pull it towards the rear of the vehicle.

In fact, while I'm towing at 100km/h, if I am a little too close to the centre of the road as I pass an oncoming truck, my driver's mirror will fold back from the wind pressure. I'd like to be able to go back to my other towing mirrors that clamp around the window sill but there's no room with them.

Go on, try pulling the mirror's outer casing backwards, you won't break it. Don't try to move the mirror inside the case, leave that to the electrics. Just grab the big chrome cover and give it a push, it shouldn't take too much effort to move it.

kool now that I know it works ill try it myself

lol just kidding
I have done it a few times and even pushed the mirror around in the housing and then just powered it back to where it should be

Hi Guys,
Speaking of mirrors has anyone tried to replace the glass in these.

I'm a bit old school and like a mirror to be a mirror, not some weird thing that when I look into it distorts the image. The mirrors on these things annoy the SH*@ out of me.

Latest posts

Back