annoying loose/clunking noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetbridgeizzy

Reaction score
hi guys, quick question relating to a very annoying sound coming from somewhere under the vehicle, somewhere around the chasis. it is a very definate clunking/loose sound (on rough surfaces and sharp breaking), i did have it checked once by nissan service department but they thought it was a faulty chasis mount which they replaced. however noise continues... definately a lot more noticeable when cold, so im presuming it involves some rubber at a joint/brachet where the noise is coming from. any thoughts, common issue? (d22 my2003 dx) thanks

Mate this sounds like the same problem I had in mine ('09 D22 STR). Took me ages to sort it out, luckily I got a PM from a guy with a D22 on the 4WD Action forum who had the same problem. The sound is most likely the body of your ute hitting the chassis. Apparently the body mount insulators on the D22's are crap. I had mine replaced (all of them) with different ones and now the problem is fixed. Nissan did this for me under warranty. I can send you the Nissan part numbers for the body mount insulators if you like.

i know a guy that had the same kind of noise, it turned out to the one of his ball joints making the noise.

Latest posts

Back