QD32 -> ZD30 turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logz10

Reaction score
I have been reading what feels like every post on here but can't get an answer to this one.
My mate has just completely written-off his D22 with a ZD30. I have a D22 with a QD32. He is willing to rip the turbo and plumbing off and give it to me once he gets his rig back.
I need to know if the turbo setups are compatible and if not what extra work would be required to fit his turbo to my QD32. His ZD30 engine is knackered so I cant do a complete engine swap.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Cheers

(Woops! Just realised this is in the wrong thread, sorry)

Last edited:
I don't think you can, no? I believe the manifold pattern is different but I don't have any proof.

i would say totally different manifolds. not sure if the turbo is the best size for it. have a look at what turbo the QD32 comes out with.

im trying to go this way as well i have a zd30 turbo and it seems that if the bolt holes are drilled out about 3 mm it will bolt up to the qd32 manifold, have checked it on td27 manifold which is the same.im getting the dollars for a redback 2.5 performance exhaust 650 on ebay. all ill then need is oil lines. then the gu2.8 intercooler goes on then snorkel.......

Thudng about who run ZD30 turbo's on there QD32's.

You will need a TD27T mnifold and then do up oil lines etc.

i would sell the turbo and get a better one.
don't forget the 3.0 is small turbo (due to high egr) that runs at high boost. the 3.2 you want more flow at lower boost.

i had someone here that mentioned they had a mechanic who had tried it and found that it went worse than useing the 2.7 turbo. take that with a grain of salt.

Latest posts

Back