Sub for Dual Cab D22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jastormont

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have decided to install my car sound system I have in my D22 and looking at my options for a sub behind the rear seat. I have seen some of the members here have done this and looking at how best to do this.

At the moment I have Focal splits and a Eclipse amp (4x75watt) and a 12" Focal sub. I do not think the Focal sub will fit but I would love to use it if I could. I am just wondering how best to go about building a box and if I would be best to squeez in a 12" or look at a 10" or 2 x 8" subs even?

I have found an Option Audio 12" sub and enclosure that might fit but was not sure on how good this brand was?

Cheers...

Subwoofer

I run a Slimline Pioneer 12inch Sub in my Nav (see picture). It works pretty well for a slimline but not as well as a traditional full depth sub that i used to run in my mazda. If i had my time again i would have used the 10inch slimline as the box was a pita to design and build, but it finished up nicely.

Attachments

• P4230729.jpg
    P4230729.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 3,304
I run a Slimline Pioneer 12inch Sub in my Nav (see picture). It works pretty well for a slimline but not as well as a traditional full depth sub that i used to run in my mazda. If i had my time again i would have used the 10inch slimline as the box was a pita to design and build, but it finished up nicely.

hey blacknav

wat were the dimensions of the sub box that u made if possible?:flowers:

hey blacknav

wat were the dimensions of the sub box that u made if possible?:flowers:

Yea I would love to know the dimensions too if possible. :)

I was thinking a 10" might be better as also it is not a really big cab and thought it might creat a more balanced sound using a 10" rather then a 12".

Thanks for the feed back on the Pioneer as well.

Well the Option Audio solution did not fit in behind the seat so I bought a 10" slim Sub by Pioneer as this will fit the best with a custom made box that I will do. I hope this sub will be ok as I could not listen too one and found them hard to find (only one I could find was the one I got). I was also hoping that if anyone has already done a box for a sub behind the rear seat in a D22 if they could share there dimensions?

I have decided that I will get a new head unit as well so will start looking into this now. I have always liked Alpine Head Units but this was 10yrs ago and a lot has changed no doubt.

What do you guys thing is a good head unit for around $300 - $400?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back