mickey thompson atz $$$$

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitz

Reaction score
time to buy tyres,just been quoted $320 for mt atz 265/75/r16.
wondering if this is good,average or bad.
4 or 5 rib same price
:cheers!:
bitz:

Sounds about right.

Seem to be a good tyre from what I've seen on a mates Jeep. Don't know how many k's they're good for though, his are fairly new.

Who know's too many variables, I got 20K out of my BFG A/T they chipped really badly.

thats crazy, i got a set of bfg a/t's that are around 90K km old, and they were used for mainly mine site and the 50km of tarmac between town and mine (plus around 900km for the trip to perth every 2 months).

thats crazy, i got a set of bfg a/t's that are around 90K km old, and they were used for mainly mine site and the 50km of tarmac between town and mine (plus around 900km for the trip to perth every 2 months).

The gibber plains tore the crap out of them.

How many Km's will you get out of the 4 Ribs ATZ

On my previous D22 single cab Navara I got over 100,000klms on a set of Mickey T ATZ's 245/75/16

To maintain good even tyre wear, on average I'd probably get a wheel rotation/balance and front end alignment every quarter.

rr5clh.jpg

a mate who works in the tyre industry told me that miky thompson tyres are made by cooper there not a bad tyre but there a cheaper option if i were you id spend the extra $30 and get coopers

I believe Mickey Thompson and Coopers are made in different factories by different companies, but, Mickey Thompson is owned by Coopers (or was at some stage). Could be wrong.

4 rib Micky T,s are apparently not so good in the wet, im running 5 rib Mickys and to be honest they do generate quite a bit of road noise on freeways.....I think BFG are a quiter tyre on the black stuff.

Hey Bitz, That price is good. I was quoted $330 fitted in Mildura, ended up getting MTZ's for $350 as I work for a mine and do 500kms a week on dirt. It was money well spent, The Wombat actually handles on the dirt now. I was told i'll get around 60-70k on dirt...... We'll see...:rock:

had the atz 4 ribs fitted monday and i have to say i am very suprised with how well they handle on road.a lot quieter than the coopers and a lot more responsive.very impressed so far.
cheers,
BITZ:smile:

Well digging up a really old post but bugger it!

Needed to kill some time today so I thought I would go pricing tyres. The bloody OE Dunlop AT20's wouldn't wear out but I need/want a LT construction tyre for a trip later in the year so thought the homework would be handy.

Despite planing to by Cooper AT3's, I ended up buying Mickey Thompson ATZ 5 rib in 265/75/16 for $265.00 fitted & balanced.

An impulse buy. Reckon I am a popular boy at home, not?

Latest posts

Back