boost gauge install????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justo

Reaction score
Hi there,

i have a d40 and just wondering if anyone can give me a step by step guide to installing a boost gauge, ie where can you get through the fire wall etc

any help would be great!

thanks mate, does anyone know were abouts you can get through the fire wall? were do people normally run the tube from the gauge to hide it?

Not 100% certain on this as I've run all my wires through the passenger side firewall but if nothing else it's keeping the thread alive in the hope someone else sees it.

I seem to remember some people suggesting there is two grommets on the drivers side firewall that are easy to get to and come out near the steering column or thereabouts. A site search for firewall comes up with this http://www.navara.asia/d40-electrical/1124-d-40-running-wires-through-firewall-what-path.html but there is possible more of them here somewhere.

As far as hiding the tube that will depend where you want to install the gauge, if you installed on the dash near anywhere to the left of the instrument cluster you could bring it up beside the stereo but that might not be where you want it. I think there is a way to get cables and the like up the front of the dash and then feed into the pillar and I'm not sure how restricted the area is and whether anything larger than small gauge wire would go up there.

thanks mate, i will have to have a look on the weekend, i think i will put the gauge on the right side near the A pillar

Latest posts

Back