D40 Thai built

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40jazza

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows if you have lower boost psi reading in 1st and 2nd gear change compared to 3rd gear and up In a d40 Thai built I just installed a booster gauge I had to tap into the booster directly from the intercooler I tried to tap in other areas but it wouldn't work but through the intercooler it did its a manual so I'm getting about 10psi In 1st gear than 12psi in second sometimes more than when I change to 3rd I'm getting 20psi are these readings normal
Cheers guys

If you find a nice steep hill where the ECU can see a high engine load in 1st and 2nd gear you'll see more boost. It's designed to respond to demand rather than boost hard all the time. Extra boost means more heat, and at low speed (with low airflow into the radiator) you don't want a lot of extra heat anyway.

If you find a nice steep hill where the ECU can see a high engine load in 1st and 2nd gear you'll see more boost. It's designed to respond to demand rather than boost hard all the time. Extra boost means more heat, and at low speed (with low airflow into the radiator) you don't want a lot of extra heat anyway.
Sweet as thanks Tony I thought it was normal it was a bloody job trying to tap into the booster line we tried through the top no boost than realised after a bit of googling the only way is to tap in through the the intercooler
Thanks Tony

Sweet as thanks Tony I thought it was normal it was a bloody job trying to tap into the booster line we tried through the top no boost than realised after a bit of googling the only way is to tap in through the the intercooler
Thanks Tony

The ECU has a boost sensor on the outlet side of the intercooler. It's reasonably accurate (and is what the ECU relies on). A bluetooth ELM327 OBD2 adapter and a OBD application like Torque would see that data in your hands easily (along with a ton of other data too).

Latest posts

Back