Air leak in cabin at 100kph

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ankaz

Reaction score
Hi all,

My car is going in for its 10,000 km service and im going to get them to look in to a Fu*#ing annoying air leak i have coming through my rear passenger door when i travel over 100kph, has anyone else had a problem with air leaks?

Some have. There have been a raft of issues with the Thai-built trucks, like they've employed a bunch of short-sighted chimpanzees that have been trained in basic unarmed combat, tree climbing, mig welding and rope swinging. I think Aido was the one that had his Thai-built D22's door so far out of alignment it was nearly open.

My Spanish-built D40 STX Dual Cab is fine, but then most of my particular vehicle has shown itself to be very much the "Wednesday Build" car. Others with D40s haven't been quite as fortunate, nor have they had dealers as helpful as mine has been so far.

Yep I have it. Mine's in the passenger rear door somewhere around the upper left hand corner of the window. Nissan have looked at but can't find the leak. Its a Nissan thing I think "leaks and squeeks"!

I just turn the iPod up louder or more recently wind the window down listen to my exhaust note :smile:

BH

Yeah I have it - rear passenger side over 80 k or so. drives me a bit nuts particularly as the rest of the cab is so darn quiet

Yep easy fix. The rubber seal around the 3/4 window in the door is the problem. If you silicone the rubber on the inside of the window the noise will disappear and the car will be noticeable more pleasant.

I have siliconed both the inside and outside of that rear 3/4 window and the difference is significant. Don't worry about the lads at Nissan, they would have no idea on this fix and quite frankly they could not care!

Yep easy fix. The rubber seal around the 3/4 window in the door is the problem. If you silicone the rubber on the inside of the window the noise will disappear and the car will be noticeable more pleasant.

I have siliconed both the inside and outside of that rear 3/4 window and the difference is significant. Don't worry about the lads at Nissan, they would have no idea on this fix and quite frankly they could not care!

Excelente!!

Yep, I had the same problem on my Spainish built 09 stx dualcab. Took it to Nissan and got both rear quarter glass seals replaced under warrenty. Problem fixed.

Cool, mines a Spanish built Nav, the noise doesn't really bother me too much but it annoys the Fu*k out of anyone sitting in the back with there ear right next to the leak.
Bosshog my leaks coming from the same area ill let you know how i get on.
If Nissan dont fix it then I'll give the silicon a crack.

Latest posts

Back