big lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue boy

Reaction score
i've been seing a few d40's getting around the gold coast with what looks to be a 4-5 inch lift? i was just wondering if anyone knows what the go is and how they would be getting around the control arm issues...I wouldn't think they would be going to the $$ of putting in after market control arms, as they are friggin pricey. even if you fit spacers and long travel shocks your still limited by the control arm on down ward travel.
if i corner 1 of em one day i'll get the low down on it.

cheers

Hi Blue Boy

Its a big job and its expensive but it can be done. Have look thru this forum as there is heaps of info on big lifts.

BH

They will be running the Calmini kit.
I don't think it's worth the money, a better setup would be a 3" PRG kit and a 50mm body lift.

Ive got the Calmini lift and in my opinion its a better setup than doing a 2" lift. Because the Calmini kit spaces the diff down to get lift the control arms sit flat like they do out of the factory giving the full range of motion as they were designed to do. The gain in ground clearance you get is the extra room enables you to fit 285/75R16 (33") tyres while still having full droop in your control arms and no cv's running at an angle at all times. My ute has 15mm less clearance under the front diff than my old GU Patrol ute that was running the same size tyres with a 3" lift.

I bought mine already fitted to the vehicle but the previous owner tells me he paid bout $1800 direct from the US when the aussie dollar was good, and about $1000 to get it fitted. The kit from Cal Offroad is about $3600.

thats a fair bit of coin. but i spose a really good 2 inch lift will set you back over 2G's. gonna look at putting 1 in when i flog the setup i've got at the moment. hows it handle on road? and whats the go with insurance? are ya covered????

Cheers

pic of my Nav. Insurance is listed as a 2" lift but anyone other than a Nav enthusiast wont pick the 5" lift as it doesnt look overly excessive.

Attachments

• navara 5 inch lift.jpg
    navara 5 inch lift.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 300
oh and it drives beautiful on the road. Has bilstein shocks all round and handling hasnt really been affected as the lift kit doesnt alter control arm angles or anything like that so other than being higher it still runs factory geometry. The lift in the rear is just some spacer blocks - all the money is the front end setup. Only thing is running 285/75R16 tyres its a bit sluggish on takeoff (although auto helps) but compaired to my old TD42T Patrol its still faster anyway.

Latest posts

Back