03 d22 str

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gshannon

Reaction score
I have owned this ute for the last 3 years and recently decided to finish paying it off and hang onto it, new house on the way and would like to know what it feels like not to have car repayments every month!

One condition on keeping it was to through some money into upgrades, which has been long overdue! This is what eventually brought me to this forum while searching for suspension kits etc.

Here are a few pics taken today with my phone, car is stock apart from the ARB canopy, ladder rack and drawers. I will use this thread to post pics of upcoming suspension upgrades, new tyres, body lift etc

Photo011.jpg

Photo009.jpg

here you can see half completed body lift which I forgot to mention, planning on lifting the cab this weekend
Photo006.jpg

Photo010.jpg

Lots of sand in WA

Last edited:
Side steps sprung back perfectly which im pretty glad about!

My mate works in this shed in Henderson, pretty lucky they let him use it almost whenever he wants! Has a spray booth aswell:big_smile:
The TIG was handy also, had to weld more ally plate on to allow the new holes to be drilled to match the body. Still need to re mount the rear bumper but that will be done soon.

Pretty straight forward job, the instructions supplied weren't that great, never mentioned the tailshaft loop so when the front wheels came off the ground we knew something was wrong! Also required re tapping two captive nuts but we just extended the originals because we couldnt get the tap in, would of been easier to supply the correct hardware in the first place. Will not be recommending body lifts from ebay ever again, you really do get what you pay for here

2 inch suspension next:rock:

EFS 2" kit is in! Had one hell of a time trying to remove one of the front leaf spring pins, 4 inch grinder to the rescue! I would recommend anyone doing this to their early Navara to buy a new set of pins, an extra $60 here could save you a few hours of removal and locating another set while the rear end of your only car is in pieces!

Torsion bars went in pretty easily, I didnt even know what they were until a few months ago so glad to have saved a few bucks doing it myself. Will be piece of cake next time

Has made the ute much more comfortable to drive, feels a lot more precise in the corners etc. The efs elite shocks are quite firm up front which I think helps, I do carry a bit of gear so not sure I would recommend these for an unweighted nav. That could be the new torsion bars to maybe

Will take some pics tomorrow

Tyres next!! thinking bighorns, I was going to go an AT but have a few weeks to make up my mind

First pic is std height, I had to double check though and in the first pic the rear bumper is still very close to the tray, I havent modded it yet so there is quite a fair gap now which gives it away. This evening I noticed the rear end seems to lean a touch to the passenger side so I will have to check and adjust the torsion bars since they may have settled a bit, could be the leafs but not sure yet

The driveway is a little uphill (from kerb to garage pad) but is pretty spot on going the other way, never used to look on the piss

Latest posts

Back