where to put it?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue boy

Reaction score
has anyone fitted a 2nd battery under the bonnet??auto sparky's that i've talked to recko nnnnnnnnnits way to much work. just wodering what actually has to be moved.

had my 2nd battery fitted in an alloy under tray tool box. did the job for a while but due to the weight it cracked the fold on the box.

other option is to get the box reinforced. dont want to take up tray room.

Couple of points:

1) There's way not enough room under the bonnet. Moving stuff there could get expensive and there's better places to spend money.

2) Lead-acid batteries performance declines as the temperature rises. It takes more volts to charge them, and they suffer failures faster. I know it gets hot under my bonnet, I'm surprised our batteries last as well as they do.

3) Reinforcing your current location - since it's already wired up and all - is going to be the cheapest, quickest and easiest solution. If I was making the choice, that's what I'd do, but I don't mind the "quick, easy and effective" as long as it works without danger.

Bluey

My second battery sits on the left wheel arch in the tub. It does really get in the way and is easy enough to fit yourself. I considering installing underneath the tub but the optima batteries you have to use didn't have the capacity i wanted.

I'm happy with mine and can run the fridge and everything else i need straight off the battery.

has anyone fitted a 2nd battery under the bonnet??auto sparky's that i've talked to recko nnnnnnnnnits way to much work. just wodering what actually has to be moved.

had my 2nd battery fitted in an alloy under tray tool box. did the job for a while but due to the weight it cracked the fold on the box.

other option is to get the box reinforced. dont want to take up tray room.

Can't help with the engine bay but I've fitted 2 x 105AH aux batteries (supercharger all rounders) in my storage unit in the tub. Can access them from a removable panel in the top of the storage unit but thank God they have been reliable (now nearing 2 years old) and haven't yet had to remove them.

Attachments

• lower_drawer.JPG
    lower_drawer.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 63
  • aux_batteries_below.JPG
    aux_batteries_below.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Back