New double DIN head unit stereo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Hi all

The Handbrake has given me approval to fit a new stereo in the D40. I've been doing some research and the 'all in one' (stereo, gps, camera, bluetooth etc) units seen on Ebay look pretty good.

I have read a number of threads that suggest that these units may not fit in the dash of the D40 due to a cross member getting in the way. Having said that, i have also read threads which suggest they can be fitting without any dramas. Very confusing.

I would like to hear from anyone that has fitted one of these units and if they experienced any issues with the depth or fitting.

I'm also up for alternatives but cost is a factor. The Handbrake is not that flexible :big_smile:

Hi mate there are a few threads about these units and i have done a bit of research. I am waiting on a unit from Matt at Dig options. He has been great to deal with and knows his stuff. The unit i am getting is a tight fit due to the aerial plug just hitting the bar but it fits fine other wise. Best thing is to contact him and let him know what your looking for [email protected].

try searching dig options in google there are allot of posts about him in other forums

The other problem was the quality of his units particularly the reversing cameras, given that he is still in business I'd assume those issues have been dealt with.

I fitted a new unit today, older model Pioneer (without reverse camera) for a fraction over $700. AVICF320BT. Can't complain as it does bluetooth, ipod and nav (which were the key features for my requirements).

Installation was a breeze, however I can understand what people say about the crossmember - if the unit is large in format it may get in the way. THe AVIC is quite compact so no problem.

Hi mate there are a few threads about these units and i have done a bit of research. I am waiting on a unit from Matt at Dig options. He has been great to deal with and knows his stuff. The unit i am getting is a tight fit due to the aerial plug just hitting the bar but it fits fine other wise. Best thing is to contact him and let him know what your looking for [email protected].

try searching dig options in google there are allot of posts about him in other forums

Thanks Woody

I emailed him yesterday through his Ebay site. Yet to receive a reply. Let me know how you go with the installation once you get it and install. Also would like to know about quality etc.

I look at his units and don't see a difference between them and the units on Ebay, which sell at half the price????? If there is a difference then let me know.

What do you plan on doing with the antenna plug????

Cheers.

Hi Merchant

The unit i have ordered isn't on ebay its a premium model has a few higher specs and inputs. I believe it all still fits just tight where the aerial is.

Will post next week when i install it

hey mate i got an eonen 7" dvd player. bluetooth gps tv sd card usb readers touchscreen etc $250 del from states. i wasnt expecting much for $250 but the picture quality was just as good as my mates kenwood ($900). also installed in mrs mazda3 no dramas.

see my garage for picture of it

Last edited:
I would like to hear from anyone that has fitted one of these units and if they experienced any issues with the depth or fitting.

I also have been looking at these units for my D22, and have noticed there seems to be 2 different sizes (depth wise) of about 10mm difference. The one I am looking at purchasing also has "sunken in" sockets at the back of the unit also so the cables and plugs dont stick out as far.

My mate had troubles with the GPS connector in his landcruiser and it actually broke, but we just bought an "L" shaped connector from jaycar and replaced it which stopped it from hitting.

What do you plan on doing with the antenna plug????

If you are referring to the "unique" Nissan radio antenna plug, there is an adapter available over the counter at many places. I bought one from the local AutoBarn.

hey mate i got an eonen 7" dvd player. bluetooth gps tv sd card usb readers touchscreen etc $250 del from states. i wasnt expecting much for $250 but the picture quality was just as good as my mates kenwood ($900). also installed in mrs mazda3 no dramas.

see my garage for picture of it

Nisma

That looks good. What model did you get? Researching now.

Last edited:
So I fitted my unit and did a 2400 km trip ( 12hrs straight driving each way) In my opinion the unit paid for its self had the Ipod running the whole time, Gps system works great. Very easy to fit just unplugged the original harness and plugged this one straight in. has to modify the bracket slightly as some holes didnt line up. the hardest thing was wiring up the reverse camera. Has ipod conectivity and 2 external usb ports which i ran to the glove box to keep everything looking clean and hidden. Phone blue tooth works great can download phone book of your mobile and has external mic which i installed on the drivers front pillar. Very happy with it and the service

1689.jpg

1692.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one! Where did you get it from, how much and what brand is it etc?? Ebay are flooded with these but its hard to know which one to choose

Got it from Matt at dig options cost $1250 with reverse camera this unit isn't advertised on Ebay. I can email you the specs if you PM me is a excel file.

There is always the option of putting a PC in your car as i have done.

I have, gps with offroad maps, bluetooth, ipod, itunes without need for ipod, wifi, internet, camera also does OBD-II information. It will do anything your home pc will do.

No need to worry about cross members. All installed under the center console. Even kept my 6 stacker.

Last edited:
hey guys

ive bought the old dodgy unit off matt - wasnt that impressed
ive been looking on ebay to upgrade and that unit you bought woodie can be had for just over 700 dollars delivered from canada
the pple selling are navitouch and a big supplier from what i can see with these and other units
ive got a pathfinder but im sure it will fit

Nissan Pathfinder 02-10 DVD GPS NAVIGATION FM AM TV RDS: eBay Motors (item 320555000372 end time Aug-27-10 14:38:03 PDT)

Or here

2 din Nissan gps navigation - Nissan Versa dvd Radio - Nissan XTrail multimedia entertainment - Aftermarket Nissan Xterra stereo headunit

hey guys

ive bought the old dodgy unit off matt - wasnt that impressed
ive been looking on ebay to upgrade and that unit you bought woodie can be had for just over 700 dollars delivered from canada
the pple selling are navitouch and a big supplier from what i can see with these and other units
ive got a pathfinder but im sure it will fit

Nissan Pathfinder 02-10 DVD GPS NAVIGATION FM AM TV RDS: eBay Motors (item 320555000372 end time Aug-27-10 14:38:03 PDT)

Looks like I maybe payed a little too much, Cant complain thou happy with it and service has been great.

Looks like I maybe payed a little too much, Cant complain thou happy with it and service has been great.

Not really Woodie. Matt and Donna offer excellent service and warranty back up which you wouldn't get from an overseas supplier. Plus they modify the unit so it fits the existing Navara harness and then he'll give you a template to modify the existing brackets.

Buying overseas you have to purchase a separate harness plug ($20 in the Pilbara) solder it after sorting out which wires go where and then try and figure out how to modify the brackets to install the thing.

Money is no option to you miners anyhow :sarcastic:

I am considering buying this unit but haven't decided where from. The handbrake is now in on the decision making process so god help me :big_smile:

was going to ask if anyone knew weather the wiring harness would just plug straight in. and if the harness on the spanish built d40's are the same as the new ST thai built ones??
im keen to look into getting this stereo... anyone have any idea of a website or anything for this dig options? guessing they are in perth, but as im in sydney i would like to find someone over here incase i have trouble installing it

Latest posts

Back