Turboing a TD27

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

d214x4Wannabe

Hey all. Just wondering what i'd hafta do to my engine to turbo it? Besides turbo and manifold and injector pump, would i need a decomp plate for the engine? I really know bugger all about diesels, so yeah, anyone ever done this to an NA TD27?

its fairly common, aftermarket kits available or just pull all the gear off a turbo model.
decompression plate is not needed unless you want to try and get big power out of it.
biggest thing is fueling, ideally you need a boost compensator or injection pump off the turbo model.

the weird thing with diesels is you want to lower compression to allow the use of high boost but you need the compression to ignite the fuel. bit of a catch 22.

Yeah cool. I have read that you can use turbo models without the turbo gear without hassles, so they musn't lower the compression much when turboing. The reason i started this thread is because i can get an aftermarket tubo kit, orginaly of a 4M40 from a Triton, cheaply through my work. Just weighng it all up.

So how much boost would you think is OK with a non turbro engine? Somewhere around the 5psi mark i would be guessing on a

boost 5-10psi is heaps. biggest thing is fuel. don't forget a boost and EGT guage.

Axt do a turbo kit and they do not supply or recommend anything on the fuel side of things

Turbo TD27's from the factory run 22 to 1 compression ratio's.

As above with AXT. You have to turn up the fuel on the pump. There built for it.

Latest posts

Back