Winch install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al

LURKER
Reaction score
My question in regrads to wiring up a Cab control and Isolator.

Anyone got any diagrams how i'd go about for setting both up? As for the isolator i'm thinking about using on/off marine battery switch (maybe 350AMP) and putting it under bonnet. Would be easier than taking power lead off and on when i want to use it. Only thing is those switches aren't cheap and really would prefer switch in cab. So what about a switch off the controller earth. Would have live power all the time on winch be ok for water crossings? Anyone here with expert knowledge on it? in case it matters its a premier dv9000. cheers

No idea about cabin controls, sorry, but I did mount a keyed 500A switch from Jaycar in mine, in the positive lead, just to make sure nothing could go wrong. It sits about 100mm off the battery, I just used some 2-gauge wire and mounted some heavy lugs on it, crimped and soldered in the ends so they wouldn't pull through. Wrapped the result up in rescue tape and tested.

sounds like the way to go. just need to get the cab control sorted. i'll pick up one of those switches tomorrow, i think they sell that silicone tape you mention also. thanks Tony. Maybe the battery wire that comes with a Project 150 battery kit will be ok, i have some of that spare. checked the website, nice price on that switch. the blue seas one i was looking at was 6 times that.

Last edited:
Not sure how to go, have you searched Outers ?

There are alot of guys on there with winches.

Dave.

yeah done some google work, got some info and gonna go with that. Will use Old.Tonys power switch and just wire up the cab control.

Latest posts

Back