UHF Antenna & Painted Steel Bullbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
I have just fitted a new TJM steel bullbar replacing my alloy one, the new bullbar is black powdercoated.

Just wondering if I need to chip/remove some of the paint on the antenna mount to get a better electrical bond? Does this improve the ground plane? My antenna uses an elevated feed (big spring).

If you have the same setup is your just bolted onto the painted bracket?

Cheers.

Hi Jason,
No need to remove any paint. I fitted my antenna using rubber grommets to keep the base from scratching the bar, & the radio works great.
Cheers,
Phil

Last edited:
Damn good bar that one jase! are you going to colour code it?

I asked ARB this question about the spotties & UHF and they said there was no need to remove the paint..

Good news, thanks guys.

I don't think I will be colour coding it, I like the black/silver look.

Which TJM shop did you go to?

At Coopers Plains we've got ARB and TJM on opposite sides of the road, and haven't been in to TJM yet to check out their canopies. Will have to do this soon though. Its hard sometimes to choose who to spend your money with (that I don't have :sad:).

4WD Action had the big bull bar comparo recently, was a fantastic read. The TJM Deluxe bar won the round, and the other TJM bar got great results as well.

Obviously ARB and Ironman didn't get their subscriptions and advertising campaigns up to date as quick as TJM

Obviously ARB and Ironman didn't get their subscriptions and advertising campaigns up to date as quick as TJM

haha typical southerner response.. Qld just do stuff better. Jason did you get the winch cradle while you were there? its an optional extra on that bar. retails for around $180

I wasn't picking on the bar or Queenslanders, (my uncle is proof enough that Queenslanders have problems :eviltongue: ) I was suggesting that like most mags their testing may not always be considered unbiased.

I got the bar brand new but off ebay, a dealership bought it for a customer that backed out. It was still in the box unwrapped.

Didn't get the winch cradle, will have to look into it. It's the T15 Deluxe Steel Bar.

Jason, you can be lucky sometimes on ebay. I also picked up a new T15 steel delux bar from a dealer in Swan Hill. It was still in the box & I picked it up for $800. They had a trucking firm coming down this way & I think I gave him $100 to deliver it.
I just wish I had been a little more patient with the fitting. I cut too high on the mud guards.
Phil

Latest posts

Back