zd30 turbo oil leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sfaira

Reaction score
Hi guys just noticed today my Turbo is leaking oil from the compressor housing has any one else experienced this what is the fix and how much thanks

What year and what part of the turbo housing? Maybe a pic?

If it is where the turbo outlet joins to teh intake it is probably just PCV oil.

its an 04 d22 and i dont have a catcher can it is a bit excessive to be blow by i have washed down and i will run the car in the air at work to see exactly were oil is leaking from but 99% sure its from the housing
Thanks Anthony

If the turbo is leaking, then I'm afraid it aint cheap. When looking at mine recently I was quoted ~$2000 - but that was to rebuild it. Interesting thing is though that some crowd in Syd sell new ones for $1600 + GST - I'll see if I can find a name and get back to you.

nakedape

hay i am having the same problem atm.. ill take some pics of mine and post em up tonight.. i gotta take it to a mates tommorow and get the mechanic to have a look. hopefully nothing to bad :S but there is a fair bit of oil. just wanna get as many opinions from others on the forum.

any advice much appreciated

without a catch can these blow heaps of oil over the turbo and out the rubber intake joiners.
especially if the oil is overfilled a bit.

ok i got some pics now. i played around with the contrast and brightness a bit so u can see the oil very easily!! im hopeing i just need new hoses.. but im not sure until tommorow hopefully.. and about the catch can, as embarasing as it is im not exactly shore where it is or what it looks like :S
you can see in the second picture that the hose looks like its been retightend and its buldging out a bit so maybe its leakin out of the hoses because of that??

Attachments

• 09082010_001.jpg
    09082010_001.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 1,574
  • 09082010_002.jpg
    09082010_002.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 912
  • 09082010_004.jpg
    09082010_004.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 1,039
I would say that's normal mate. Fitting a catchcan will sort it out.

Just search the forums, there is a few pics of different types/setups. It basically catches the oil from the oil mist that leaves the PCV line. PCV is Positive Crankcase Ventilation. You will see a line from the rocker cover to the turbo inlet.

yeah i have just been reading a couple of those threads right now. do you know how much it would cost to buy a catch can? and is it easy enough to do yourself? or something for the professionals?

Can be done yourself, you can buy them from $50 to $200. Provent make a good one.

hmm does anyone have any pics of one? im slowly figuring this stuff out.. but still a bit stuck on how to install one? or if u have a link to a thread with some pics.

Cheers

went to the mechanic and as iv'e been told on here its ine. so im gonna fet some better hoses and give it a good clean.

ive read that the hose sizes are 45mm on the turbo side and on the plenum side ive read that its 63mm on one thread and 70mm on another. just curious which is the right size.

thanks

Latest posts

Back