crack in front inner guard D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgeboy

Reaction score
photos cracked inner guard d40

Attachments

• 100_2049.jpg
    100_2049.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 1,637
  • 100_2050.jpg
    100_2050.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 308
  • 100_2052.jpg
    100_2052.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 311
I think all those cracks are caused by all the stuff Nissan have stuffed onto the skirts.

Dave.

Just went out and inspected it (we've been working all morning and have just sat down for a cuppa) - thanks for the reminder.

There are no cracks anywhere, on either side. Means either the Wednesday factor has played another part (I do believe my car is a Wednesday build) or I've not hit the right pothole yet. We'll be up around Dungog in the near future to loosen some more teeth on the main street, so we'll see how that goes now that we have the new heavy duty suspension installed.

Cracks in 2009 Same as Georgeboys D40

Hi there Georgeboy and all other Navara owners.
Georgeboy I have a D22 2009 STR Thai built version with exactly the same cracks in it as your D40 in exactly the same place . It has also started to crack along the top radiator support just right of where the bonnet latch is. I also went to my Nissan dealer/agent in Alice Springs and got exactly the same response by Nissan Alice Springs and Nissan Customer Sevice.They criticised me that it was the way I drive it and not a manufacturing fault (BULLSHIT Nissan, I have driven 4x4 for 30yrs and have never had a cracks like these appear unti no in my D22. Here is the scorpion sting by Nissan my vehicle has never been offroad has 40,000km on the clock and 32000kms has been taking it back to Nissan to have things fixed at my cost and Nissan have the hide to put a 4X4 Offroad sticker on the side of the D22's. M experience with Nisan and this particular model the D22 should be rebadged and sold as D22LMN rather than an STR. Unfortunately in my experience with Nissan customer Service, Peter Kittle Alice Springs and Kerry Motor Group (Darwin) where the vehicle was purchased Nissan won't help and are useless. Sorry to hear that you have the same problems as me. I thought I was the only one with this happening to my Navara.

Would it help both your cause to share info, photo's etc to get Nissan off there arse.
What have you got to lose?

That wooping big spring base you have hanging of the side wouldnt help things, alot of pressure being applyed when that is swinging around in the breeze

I gather that is tounge in cheek there sproga.
Interesting that it has cracked right between the spot welds. Me thinks it's definately a manufacturing/assembley fault. Either the pressing of the panel and or to much omph in the spot welder. I guess it's just a mass manufacturing thing and wouldn't be supprised if it's happend in other makes and not perculiar to Nissans.
What really gets me with somthing like this is there response. It's insulting.
Keep your cool on this one mate, get an independant engineers report with the right attitude and evidance i'm sure you'll win it. Good luck

mine has been like that for probably 4+ years,you are not supposed to drive your 4 wheel drive ute off road. and luxs have been doing it for years as well.

90 Series Pardo's were prone for it.

Toyota blamed it on dual battery kits, bullbars and anything else they could blame it on.

Would it help both your cause to share info, photo's etc to get Nissan off there arse.
What have you got to lose?

I've been battling Nissan for the last 18 months with these cracks, I have resigned to the fact that Nissan Australia and Alice Springs don't give a shit about their customers and as it is upto an 8 hour drive for me to get to Alice which I have done probably 30+ times for warranty work the 100000kms will come up before the 3 years and then Nissan won't touch the vehicle. I have organised to have the front panels and radiator/headlight support panelsa replaced at my expense at least then I know that it will be fixed properly and Nissan won't have touched the vehicle. D22's thai built versions are a heap of shit.

I've been battling Nissan for the last 18 months with these cracks, I have resigned to the fact that Nissan Australia and Alice Springs don't give a shit about their customers and as it is upto an 8 hour drive for me to get to Alice which I have done probably 30+ times for warranty work the 100000kms will come up before the 3 years and then Nissan won't touch the vehicle. I have organised to have the front panels and radiator/headlight support panelsa replaced at my expense at least then I know that it will be fixed properly and Nissan won't have touched the vehicle. D22's thai built versions are a heap of shit.

I see your point, that is a long trek.
Arrrrrssssholes.......

We vote with our $$$$
I'm guessin you will too.

I have cracks too in the same place 07 d40 I reckon mine is from the n70zz battery as its way heavier than the stock one Nissan Claimed it was my aftermarket suspension that caused it lol I then explained I upgraded it because the dealer fitted bullbar and winch caused it to hit my driveway and gouge the concrete months later they started replacing the front springs

Latest posts

Back