Plenum cover removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couso

Reaction score
Hi all,
Great Forum
My Wife's 2003 D22 needs a new Arieal. The plenum covers appear to be cliped in beneath the windscreen and won't come off.
Help

Ill see what I can dig up.

I haven't replaced mine but have been told its a bitch of a job.

Dave.

Cheers Dave,
The plastic plenum covers need to come off if you remove the windscreen, aerial or front gaurds. There is a rubber Strip which seals the rear edge of the bonnet - this is easy enough to remove. There is an obvious white clip on either end of the covers which clips into the firewall beneath the rubber strip. These clips break quite easily.
The rear of the covers appear to attach by clips near the bottom edge of the windscreen. These clips are impossible to get to.
A bloke at Obriens Glass told me to use a lever to break the clips and then glue the covers back down. This is his standard procedure for D22's. My wife was horrified to hear this and wants me to explore all other options.
We live in Alice Springs which means this car has seen alot of sun and parts are x Adelaide and expensive. I've replaced many plastic clips and rubber parts on this car as they always seem to break or perish. The plenum covers cost $290.00 and the rubber strips between the covers and the windscreen are $120.00 to buy. I don't want to break the covers...
I would like to think Nissan designed these covers with the ability to be removed and I hope someone can advise me of the correct Houdini act to get it done.
Cheers

Hi all,
Great Forum
My Wife's 2003 D22 needs a new Arieal. The plenum covers appear to be cliped in beneath the windscreen and won't come off.
Help

This is a shit of a job/ set up. I broke mine (areal) twice & after stuffing around with it the first time I just glued the broken end back in then bought a small uhf arial and ran it between the radio & bullbar. Problem solved forever!:big_smile:

ScreenShot018.jpg

Dave.

Success,
Yestarday i was able to get it sorted. The Plenum Covers are each held down by around 8 thin white plastic male clips. they will pop out if you lever them gently between the male clip and the female receiver.
Small hands are recquired to disconnect the arieal cable under the dash well above the drivers kick panel. I had to unbolt the fuse box to be able to reconnect the arieal cable.
The rubber seals between the Plenum and windscreen were rock hard and starting to split and have been replaced by a soft rubber seal which is used normally used by glaziers. The kind guy from O'Brians Glass gave me this and told me he uses it for many cars were the windsceen seal have perished. It almost looks stock.
Cheers,

Good stuff, can you see the diagram I posted up at all ?

Can anyone else see it ?

Dave.

The mysteries of the internet...NBN will save us.

I'm not even seeing blurred text so I'd give it a pass mark

Lol, the only reason I want Gillard to get in is for the NBN.

I cant just imagine Abbotts wireless at peak hour times.

You would think after Johnny Howard lost the last election they would of learnt a few things, no one likes work choices and no one wants wireless.

Dave.

I'm sure all those pensioners that listen to the golden oldies stations still want their wireless to keep working. Them oldies are up with all the new technology.

I'd like to take credit for it but I heard Tony Abbott say it yesterday when asked about wireless technology. He also said that the internet speed was essential to this country's future and that if elected he will ensure our internet speed come in line with that of other leading country's because 9600 baud is for everyone not just those with forward thinking and money on their sides.

Latest posts

Back