Solar trickle charger

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian585

Reaction score
Here are some photos of my solar battery charger i use on my navara.

Attachments

• solar panel.jpg
    solar panel.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 195
  • regulator.jpg
    regulator.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 177
  • front plug.jpg
    front plug.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 174
The solar panel is only 10 watts, so less than an amp. I leave it plugged into the navara when im not using it to keep the battery topped up. Sometimes i dont start it for 3 weeks or so.

I've been thinking of doing something like this with my boat. where did you get the panel from & have you had any problems with it?

thanks for sharing.

I sourced all the parts i needed from jaycar & made it myself. You can buy a premade kit from supercheap in 10 or 20 watts. Solar panels are dropping in price every week at the moment. So the ones from supercheap could be a bit pricey. I have had no problems so far & its been there for over a year. Also the panels from jaycar have a 10 year warranty i think.

looks like you have one of the old type on/off regulators. a PWM would be better or a MPPT if they make one that small.

i run the same solar panel but a morningstar PWM controller. wired in permanently to my other vehicle. trouble is shading, it doesn't get the sun enough to keep the battery fully charged all year round.

Latest posts

Back