Anyone got a new 140KW D40?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_bluester

Reaction score
Just doing the various permutations about trading in my R51 for a new one and potentially also my D22, with the D22 to be replaced by a novated lease car which would be used for work. the D40 would be on the list to replace the D22 (I could sell and lease back the D22 but the ride would give me the irrits if I was driving it hundreds of KM every day)

Just wondering how the new version of the engine performs, particularly interested in how laggy it is from idle. Mind you I only thought my R51 was laggy, I have a Captiva deisel as a work car and depending on what you are doing it can literally be seconds after you hit the throttle before some grunt arrives. the car is dangerous in some conditions!

I have a new 140kw series 4 d40 and can't fault it. I have been very very impressed with it's performance and fuel economy. I have been getting up to 750k to a tank. Very little to no lag on it either.

I don't think well get the V6, It would buck the trend of under powered commercial utes in this country.

The new Patrol is getting the V6.

Last edited:
i'll bet the patrol gets an uprated version of the v6. 170kw is still low in power for the 3 litre.

it will seriously suck if they don't bring the v6 downunder :(

Las I heard that Patrol was "Under consideration" for the V6, which I take as manufacturer speak for, "maybe, later"

Everything I heard has suggested that the V6 oiler is not on the cards for Australian delivered Navaras. A pity, it would certainly make them as a tow car!

Regards "only" having 170KW if it finds it's way into the Patrol, that is fine as far as it goes, but the 550NM from 1700 to 2500 rpm or so would be doing the talking to me.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Drove (read thrashed) a new ST-X two weeks ago and gotta say I love the response.

BUT: Wait until November for the V6 to arrive. More power and torque to burn. :)

Latest posts

Back