Snorkle prefilter removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
hey guys,

how did you guy's do it? can you guy provide some photos. and or a list of equipment that you used?
cause i have the standard snorkle with the pre filter and want to get rid of it.

I haven't done mine yet, I am still waiting on the parts to arrive.

Speaking of which Ill have to ring them this arvo.

Dave.

yeah well if it all works out for you, do you want to order the same parts for me, and then i can do it, and if anything goes wrong ill blame you lol

sorry stupid question but im confused as to wat u guys talk about when u say prefilter...i know there is the filter box/housing which takes a barrel style filter and thats it...is this the filter ur talking about or is there sumthing i havent seen yet???

i have an 09 d22 2.5l

ok rusty,
if you have a standard nissan snorkle follow the pipe from the air box and it does a couple of loops before going into the guard. one section of the is a big thick part with a plastic thing on the bottom. that is the prefilter.
umm i dont know if the 2.5L has it?

well mine musnt have it..mine goes straight from filter box to just behind left hand headlight then into gaurd...no plastic things at bottom of anything...

thanks for explaining anyway

cheers RustyNav09

Yeah every D22 before the YD25DDTI powered D22's have the pre filter besides the Petrols.

Dave.

its been a while since i did mine but here goes
needed one 75mm to 90mm reduction silicone pipe and one 90mm length of silicone pipe 4 hose clamps to fit
1 remove prefilter
2 mark guard at back of air box for new hole
3 remove air box and rest of snorkel this ment also removing outer guard not hard but be gentile on the clips
4 drill 100mm hole it guard at marked spot. clean edges and fillings out paint hole
5 drill hole in bottom of air box for water trap which you up get off bottom prefilter
6 refit air box
7 use the 75/90 pipe off back of air box through guard
8 shorten snorkel pipe to meet new outlet by cutting mind section out and joining back with other silicone pipe
9 fit rest of snorkel do up all hose clamps
10 test for leaks by stall test
11 refit guard and any other bits ive miss
took me a day to do but i didnt know how i was going to do it till i got it all apart
i didnt take any picks of job but heres some of finish product

http://www.navara.asia/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=868&title=modified-air-intake-5&cat=502
http://www.navara.asia/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=867&title=modified-air-intake-4&cat=502
http://www.navara.asia/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=864&title=modified-air-intake&cat=502

Last edited:
Tweak'e, Australia never got the YD25DDT Di motor as we only got the common rail.

I didn't bother mentioning it as no one here will see it.

Dave.

wow i just wanted to change the pipe's and run the air intake to the existing hole.
is that the only way to do it?

dave how did you go with yours?

Na not yet as I waiting for my part to arrive. Grrrr.

Its been 2 weeks and I have rang the guy already and the dickhead is always in a bad mood.

It shouldn't take 2 weeks to get something sent from Melbourne.

"Shakes head" Why didn't I stick with the good customer service (Nizzbits).

Dave.

steve 4wdin thanks for that link,
so by the looks of it if i just get that piece of a wreckers or something it should be all good and no pre cleaner

to many threads on this topic going on

I have done it on a zd30 with YD25 snorkel kit and YD intake pipe.

If you've already got a zd30 snorkel fitted you'll have to figure something out as Dave will.

Blacknav is doing his soon too.

Dave, my hot tip is now more really a "bum steer". Sorry about that!

Kickase2 and Dave or anybody else with a ZD30 snorkel. To put it bluntly your in the shit. The ZD30 snorkel and the YD25 snorkel come through the inner guard in different holes. The intake pipe will not line up from the YD25 to the ZD30 snorkel.I think the snorkel is the same, but the pipe/hose in the inner guard enter differently. My opinion for what it`s worth is buy a new snorkel. $400.00 bucks, jobs done. Its only money.Thats what I`m doing.

I i have a zd30 with the zd30 snorkel, i got a piece of 3.5" ribbed hose about 400mm long, and a 60-90mm (i think) pvc reducer from bunnings.
Attached the reducer to the round end of the pipe coming from the air box, put the flexi hose on the big end of the reducer, curved it round over itself to fit onto the snorkel pipe that just sticks thru in to the engine bay.
This is pointless if you want a second battery to go there cos it takes up the same spot as the cyclone precleaner... but i just wanted to get rid of that dodgy peice of crap for as little money as possible!
sorry dont have any pics atm as im away at work.
James

Latest posts

Back