Shuddering off the line.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markusTAS

Reaction score
Hey guys, so my D22 has started to shudder when I release the clutch in 1st gear.
It only happens when I take off, so once I'm moving its fine, and does not happen in the other gear changes.
It's not happening every time, but It has got me thinking!

Does anyone know what the issue is??

yes this is what I was afraid of 08kingcab.
glc, the shudder is not that severe, as in it doesn't lurch and I dont think it would be noticeable to anyone looking from the outside. However I can certainly feel it when driving

Fire.
Thats your answer.
Apply it liberally.
Definitely a modification worth considering for any D22.
Will resolve any problem associated to most OEM parts.

if the clutch is the problem and you want to replace it with an aftermarket heavy duty one, i can put you in touch with a company who can supply for around the $800 mark.

LOL @ Aido. Good to see you're still in high spirits!

It could be clutch or pressure plate, I had a Volkswagen that did that with a shitty thrust bearing too. What stuffed the thrust bearing was the fork that moved the bearing to depress the pressure plate had cracked, so the thrust bearing was only really being pushed on one side. The pressure plate died along with it. After purchasing replacements, I used an arc welder to reattach the fork. Simple days.

ok thanks glc, ill keep that in mind.
yep thanks old.Tony, I guess there is no real way of knowing if its the clutch or pressure plate, without pulling it apart.

Hi my nav was doing the same thing, and just had a new one put in today, the centre brobe out where the bearing is, but was original they say, so not bad for a 1998 model cheers robbo maroochy.

yeah cheers robbo, mine is a 1997 model and is still on the original clutch, but since posting this topic its all of a sudden stopped doing it. So, stuffed if I know what it is. I think I might still take it to a clutch mechanic to get it checked over.

Done any water crossings lately? My clutch went a bit like that, doing hill starts, on the way home from the last trip where there were a few dirty water crossings (still can't understand why its got a breather on the box??). Came good after about 1000k's though..... Think I'll get the clutch done anyways.

hey Yakka, yeah that thought had crossed my mind, but its been a few months since I did any decent water crossings.

Being a QD32 you wanna hope Nissan didn't put a dual mass flywheel in yours.

I am told that Nissan put them in some QD32 powered Nav's, how you find out if yours is fitted though can only be checked by pulling the gearbox out.

Mine has a kinda shutter when putting the foot down hard going up a local hill.

Has always done it though since brand new, when it starts slipping Ill replace it.

Dave.

i had a 1999 gt forester that had a cluch problem replaced it at 130 000 ks after about 10000ks it started to shutter didnt worry about it spun my cluch bad twice pulling out a skiboat within the next 90000 ks and it never give me trouble cars gone now but if i was you id drive it till it started sliping probly find you might get another 100 000 ks

mine does same thing only in first but will do it for a day or so then fine did it the other day hadnt done it for couple of months

Latest posts

Back