Battery Isolators

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STC

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has used an ABR Sidewinder 120A Battery Isolator ?

or

Would I be better off with an Redarc isolator ?

Cheers STC

I have just finished installing a DBS with the RedArc, works well so far. East to install, just time consuming getting it neat and tidy, all installed in split corrugated tubing. The worst part was running the cables down inside the RHS chassis box. Got a few cuts and scratches!

Haven't had any experience with the ABR solenoids but I have installed quite a few redarcs over the years and I have never heard of anyone having a problem with one. They are easy to install aswell. The one in my navara is 3 vehicles old now and still going strong. Set them up with the jumpstart button and indicator light and they are even better. There's a few pics of the setup in my buildup thread which unfortunately has come to a standstill at the moment.

http://www.navara.asia/members-rides/71-jons-d22.html

Thanks for the input, I have seen the REDARC isolators on ebay for $100 which is about $75 cheaper than retail shops. So that will be the way I will go.

Cheers
STC

Anyone no of a isolator for a winch, to cut the power at the positive terminal.

Must be able to handle 500amps atleast.

Dave.

Dave are you after a RedArc type isolator or just a key switch type?

Jaycar have a 500A key switch isolator for under $20.

High Quality 500A Battery Isolation Switch - Jaycar Electronics

That's what I have on my winch, just make sure you mount it horizontally, mine is fitted with the key hole facing up so it tends to collect water and corrodes the terminals, takes about 20 turns on and off for it to start working again, when I pull the winch out I will chuck that one away and fit another on the next car, except it will be keyhole sideways.

have a redarc in the GQ. 24 volt system, has a third battery for the accessories n stuff. Isolator to a 30 amp reducer charger.

That's what I have on my winch, just make sure you mount it horizontally, mine is fitted with the key hole facing up so it tends to collect water and corrodes the terminals, takes about 20 turns on and off for it to start working again, when I pull the winch out I will chuck that one away and fit another on the next car, except it will be keyhole sideways.

Shonky, how do they handle the winch. There only good for 120amp continuous.

Cheers for the link Brisbanite. I got one in the shed, but wasn't sure how it would go on the winch.

Dave.

I have an ABR Sidewinder works OK (1 year old). has small terminals which doesn't suit 100amp cable lugs and it isn't a sealed unit, I had to run some silicon around it to waterproof. Go for the redarc.

Latest posts

Back