What's causing this?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosshog

Reaction score
The cab and tub have been rubbing intermittently for several weeks now. I showed the local dealer this week. They took some pics and sent them to Nissan.

Any ideas?

P1010596.jpg

holy crap..do u carry a bit of load? tub mounts might be giving way due to load..geez i better take a look at mine...

Yeah I holy crap! I'd be thinking something to do with load and mounts too. I can't really see mine because of the canopy but I'm fairly sure I'd have noticed something like that yesterday when I was washing it.

You gave it a bit of a hiding over the past few weeks did you notice it before the desert trek or has it been since then when there is a good chance that you had a decent load and the ute got a bit of a work out?

I suspect it is the cab mounts.

Along with this issue, I am getting the front main seal on the crank replaced on Tuesday. Washing the ute after the trek I noticed oil running down the front of the engine above the front cross member.

Last edited:
You gave it a bit of a hiding over the past few weeks did you notice it before the desert trek or has it been since then when there is a good chance that you had a decent load and the ute got a bit of a work out?

Definitely started before we left for the desert, but I didn't have time to have it looked at. The corregations certainly didn't help the situation.

Excessive chassis flex, I think it's unlikely all the mounts have come loose or worn out.

D22 mounts have a tendency to come loose, dont know why.

Doesn't look pretty.

Dave.

Our Navara sits at about 2500kg, which is a decent loading, and we take the van off-road.

If this sort of thing could happen, I'm worried the same thing could happen to mine. I'll check my mounts and will examine chassis flex too while we're away this weekend.

you would have to try and look at the very front edge of the tub to be sure but that could be chassis flex and the tub is contacting the cab.
Or
Something was on the gap between the tub n the cab and was rolling back n forth and then fell off.

Mine has rub marks where the canopy has rubbed on the cabin, though right at the top and nothing like yours. It would have be a mount loose or buggered wouldn't it?

Mine has rub marks where the canopy has rubbed on the cabin, though right at the top and nothing like yours. It would have be a mount loose or buggered wouldn't it?

Matt the dealer thinks it is a buggered rear left body mount.

Chassis flex in a twisting fashion (normal) would'nt allow the tub and cab to meet,
but if your getting so much flex where the chassis is sagging in the middle to permit the cab/tub to meet,(unlikely), you got serious problems.

chassis flex...i would be very worried...turn out like ol mate below

Attachments

• navara2.jpg
    navara2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 108
Thats overloading for you.

Plus that boats about 2.5t, dragging it through sand cant be easy.

Dave.

What can one expect from a salonmobile designed only for peroxide and hair rollers in the tub with a liner fitted so the duco dose'nt get scratched:sarcastic:

:idea: buy a '22.

What can one expect from a salonmobile designed only for peroxide and hair rollers in the tub with a liner fitted so the duco dose'nt get scratched:sarcastic:

:idea: buy a '22.

ohhhh the gloves are OFF!:devil:

btw i saw that pic off google images and thread here...i dont know the guy...apparently not covered under warranty...spewing

dual cabs are apparently prone to chassis stress just behind the cab when loaded because the rear wheel being positioned closer to the cab and left with long tray over hang...well thats what iv read ;-)

Last edited:
Yeah that's all bullshit it should have read

"All dual cabs except D22's are subject to every possible breakdown and failure known to man kind because their owners say so."

Yeah that's all bullshit it should have read

"All dual cabs except D22's are subject to every possible breakdown and failure known to man kind because their owners say so."

Oh lord, thankyou...

at last you've seen the light.

Latest posts

Back