Fog lamps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonM

Reaction score
Guys, does any1 know where i can get a set of fog lamps that fit into the front bumper on my d40 stx, i know Nissan sells them but hoping to find something cheaper.
Cheers

As mentioned, you can get the lights on ebay, however they only come with a basic switch. Best bet is to buy the lights off ebay or the like, don't use the wiring that comes with them but use the factory fitted wiring. You will then need to buy the indicator/light stalk (which will have an extra switch for the foggies) from Nissan - about $120-.
Hope it helps, Moorie.

i'm backing bosshog here - had a 2002 st patrol that was almost built from different wreckers. electrical gear goes particularly cheap which is strange because it is probably least affected by a big bingle. find a mob that wrecks for a major insurance company. they have a larger volume = better selection and deals.

have st diesel D/C manual with genuine nissan fog lights fitted. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the fog lights is there a little screw to lift the light up? they are a bit too low asked the dealer to raise them but i note no difference. Any help appriciaated

Fitted some fog lights to my 2009 D40 STX last year. Bought some lamps from ebay at about $150 which plugged straight into the original harness then bought the genuine switch from local dealer another $150. Part number of switch to suit mine was 25540-EC40b

Fitted some fog lights to my 2009 D40 STX last year. Bought some lamps from ebay at about $150 which plugged straight into the original harness then bought the genuine switch from local dealer another $150. Part number of switch to suit mine was 25540-EC40b

The wiring harness is already there?
Why buy the genuine switch/stalk?
I've seen the buttons that come with the eBay ones, are they no good?

If you wish to use the switch that comes with the lights off ebay you cannot use the vehicles wiring harness. You will have to use the wiring that comes with the lights and not interfere with the original harness. The lighting system on the D40 is quite complicated and all lights are controlled by an ECU. It is not a simple case of just cutting into the fog circuit as other problems will occur and the lights more than likely will not work. The D40 light switch is not a tradional switch it does more than just turn power on and off it actually sends a signal of varying voltage to the ECU which decodes the signal and turns on the appropiate lights.
By using the genuine switch it becomes plug and play. The switch is a 5 minute fit and the original harness can be used for the lights. As an added bonus the indicator light on the dash will illuminate which will not occur when you use the wiring from ebay.
I have the wiring diagram and tried to cut into the system but it is far too complicated so decided to take the easy way out and just fit the genuine switch. Depends on where you are but you may be able to pick one up from the wreckers. I believe the Pathfinder uses the same switch.

Latest posts

Back