transfer case seal leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick-J

Reaction score
I got home from work mid last week to find the front drive shaft seal on the transfer case leaking, so booked it in to get fixed at the mechanics. After it was fixed and I was handing over the $175 fee, he told me it was caused from going through to much mud and it was a common problem, he then told me to try and go around mud puddles... After I stopped laughing at him he told me he will order another one ready for me. How common is this? I got to work tonight, looked at the radar to see 3 more days of rain = 200 kms of mud on the way home... I aint walking home....:sarcastic:

which seal, front or back

I did my front seal on my Birdsville trip. I almost had to replace the flange (apx $300) but luckily I got away with a bit of wet and dry sanding and a new seal

best way to fix would be a bash plate

some good quality guards may help as a buffer between the splashing water and the drive shaft. you'll never stop the water geting past but you may be able to reduce it

which seal, front or back

I did my front seal on my Birdsville trip. I almost had to replace the flange (apx $300) but luckily I got away with a bit of wet and dry sanding and a new seal

best way to fix would be a bash plate

Yep Nathan front seal, the mechanic said the flange was also a little rusty but he cleaned it up, yes a new flange is $285 plus fitting.

some good quality guards may help as a buffer between the splashing water and the drive shaft. you'll never stop the water geting past but you may be able to reduce it
Hi Ash, I ws thinking of something along those lines of guard or as Nathan said "Bash plate" (sounds tuffer). Just starting to search threads. If any one has any info or designs give me a yell.

Thanks Nathan, I was thinking of making my own (with the help from the fitters at work). We've had a bit of rain in the last 24hrs, roads are closed to trucks and 2wd vehicles, still 2 days until I can get out and play, I'm going to need a plate soon.

I'll let you know tomorrow night. Cars booked in for its service so i'm going to tell them to do that aswell. But i must say it was deep water and alot of it.

Yeah i would have done it myself but i thought it would be easyer to just get them to do it in the service, LOL well next time i will do it myself $130 bucks to install a $20 part! Next time hey.

Latest posts

Back