LED reverse/ work lights!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justo

Reaction score
I brought these lights off ebay a few weeks ago, just hooked them up today and WOW they are very bright, i'm very impressed. i have installed them under the sports bar using nutserts and running the wires inside the bar it's self, they look quite neat.
i am running two switches, one inside the cab and one in the tray so i can use them as work/ fishing lights:sarcastic:

Have a look

4" 15w LED Work Light Worklight Bright White 12V 4WD - eBay 4x4 Accessories, Exterior, Car, Truck Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-Nov-10 10:13:15 AEDST)

well worth the money IMO

here is a few pics.

DSC_1820.jpg

DSC_1819.jpg

Very Neat ......!!!!!

Are they Legal....?

From what i understand from the law is that the switch for the lights can only be operated from the outside of the car, but i have a switch inside aswell as in the tray, so if i do get pulled over for it i will show them the switch in the tray and hope they don't find the one inside the cab.

My understanding is that they have to be work lights (yep) and they can only be a max of 35watts ( yep big time )
I dare say it will depend on what the cops are like on the day but the laws as I see it are still out of date so they dont take LED lights into consideration.

would they light up enough to set up a camp if you arrive when its dark?

also with the switches if the one in the tray is on will the one in the cabin turn it off?

could you wire them up so the "switches" are push on/off so if you push the one in the tray to turn them on, you could then push the one in the cabin to turn them off?
i want to do that set up but am unsure on how is there a type of relay that just needs a pulse instead of constant power to switch?

nice lights by the way! love the wire inside the bar!! very neat

yer mate real bright, i use them when i'm fishing at night. The way mine is set up is that there is a push on push off button in the cab with a light to idicate when the lights are on even if they are turned on from the tray, the switch in the tray is a rocker, lights can be tured on with out the engine. One switch will not turn the other off, but i'm sure you could set that up but i don't know how.

could you wire them up so the "switches" are push on/off so if you push the one in the tray to turn them on, you could then push the one in the cabin to turn them off?
i want to do that set up but am unsure on how is there a type of relay that just needs a pulse instead of constant power to switch?
yer mate real bright, i use them when i'm fishing at night. The way mine is set up is that there is a push on push off button in the cab with a light to idicate when the lights are on even if they are turned on from the tray, the switch in the tray is a rocker, lights can be tured on with out the engine. One switch will not turn the other off, but i'm sure you could set that up but i don't know how.

wire them up as per the attached picture.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 235
so will that allow you to switch the light on and off with ether switch?

its not super clear on how to wire it because im pretty clueless with this sort of thing

yep, it will turn on/off from either switch. Follow the circuit from the positive of the battery, through the switches and to ground.

As it is drawn, the current comes from the + of the battery, goes through the first switch, then through the second switch, through the light and back to the battery through the body of the car. Now if you imagine switching one of the switches (either one) the circuit is now open and the light goes off. Now imagine switching the other switch (now both switch contacts are connected to the line with nothing connected to it as it is drawn) and the light goes back on.

RIGHT! i thought they were relayes not switches, makes sense now.
im assuming its a good idea to chuck a relay in line going to the lights.

sorry for the thread hijack

Last edited:
i wouldn't bother with a relay going to the lights. Each module is only 15W. So in this case 30W total load. P = VI , I = P/V = 30/12 = 2.5A. This current could be easily carried by the wiring you would use going to the coil of the relay anyway. So unless you want to add additonal load later on the same circuit, the relay is not really necessary.

No real need for relay with such low power draw, but, if you use a Step Relay, you can put as many push button switches as you like on them, Step Relay uses momentary voltage to pull in, then momentary voltage to drop out again.
Benefit would be that you could use whatever power supply you feel like using to switch relay, then power lights from second battery.

Not a good description, I've been drinking

Latest posts

Back