D40 canopies ???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavRic

Reaction score
Hey guys lookin for a canopy for an 06 RX dualcab.
Does anyone know who is a dealer for SJS in Victoria? Otherwise I might have to look at the carryboy's

Looking for a smooth finish and flush with the roofline.

The dealer is usually active on Ebay, I thought they were down Mornington way but I read something yesterday that suggested they were in Preston. Currently on ebay there doesn't appear to be any SJS Nav canopies but there is a few from other utes which might get you an address

Do an aussie google search for SJS canopies and the first result gives you a place in Thomastown and a place in Sth Melbourne who claim to be stockists. There is also a number of ebay listing following that but you should find something.

Looks like their prices have gone up quite a bit too.

Looks like their prices have gone up quite a bit too.

Yeah i heard they were cheaper a while back. ah well, ya snooze ya loose.
ended up being $2520 with lift up side windows (SJS)

$2200 with sliding windows (SJS)
$3560 lift up (Carryboy)

Thanks for ya help mate, now to wait 4 weeks till they come in

I'm sure SJS were only about $1500 when they first hit the shores. Still there is another cheap mob down in Seaford that do Ultimate canopies who are fairly cheap.

To my way of thinking you can do a lot better than SJS for $2500 or a little bit more and shitloads better than $3500 for a Carryboy, that's nearly a Nissan price. Even those bad Ironman ones with all the added bits on it cost less than $3000, I got out of mine for just $3000. I don't know who makes roofline canopies these days but I'd sure as hell be considering other brands even with their rise (mines about 50mm) if the price was over $3000.

Oh thats right I knew there was a reason I told people to avoid them, I'm not even sure they come with a lift option. They started out under $2000 when they first listed on ebay too.

I got some pics of an avenger "tradesman" canopy from Jess @ Avenger the other day and they look good. I think they are around the 3k mark (not sure) but look good.
Would rather spend that on them than the ARB unit.
Roofs are rated to 80kg standard and can get lift up windows

Attachments

• Navara Tradesman.1.jpg
    Navara Tradesman.1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Navara Tradesman.2.jpg
    Navara Tradesman.2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Navara Tradesman.4.jpg
    Navara Tradesman.4.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Navara Tradesman.6.jpg
    Navara Tradesman.6.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Agreed 4.8

Mine was a shade over 3K and it got delivered to my door. I did a review of mine ages ago and I'll never go back to an ARB or the like even after the problems I had in the initial stages (which have been fixed now). I've got one strut that is loose on its mount at the moment but it's not a major issue, it's not broken and it doesn't make the door opening any harder, I suppose I could email Jess (if he doesn't read this forum any more) and see if he's prepared to do anything about it but it's not causing an issue so I probably wont.

Those pics show the sliding windows but as you say you can get the lift up windows and a sliding front window, I thought mine had a slightly higher profile than the one in the picture but unless they have changed the moulds in the last 12 months I'm guessing it's the same. It's a heavy sucker too fit yourself but if 2 ageing blokes (one more so than the other) in 37 degree heat and more interested in how full the beer fridge is can do it in an afternoon anyone can.

^ Obviously they lied in 4wd Action mag (alright it was probably the person who made the ad and not the mag itself but I'm blaming the mag anyway). No point checking that web address for the time being by the look of it.

For those interested in an SJS the ads in 4wd Action mag give the following address
255 Plenty Rd Preston 03 94846684
Site Under Construction by Webkos Internet

Yeah thats the address but ph. is (03) 9484 7838 and their website but that is not much use either, no prices and little info...

What's with the front sliding window? I guess there is a purpose for that?

4.8, thats a nice canopy and their some big a$$ windows, make it easier to get chit in and out of the back

For me the sliding window means I can get air flow down through the tub and keep the fridge cool. For others it means too much air flow. The tub is by no means air tight and having an open window does create another place for dust but for me it's a good thing. Earlier this year I was in 45 degree heat and my fridge was in a path of slightly cooler ambient temperature flow from the front of the tub out past the hinges directly through the fridge vents.

If I was a desert dweller I'd possibly keep that window closed but I wouldn't know for sure until I was in that situation and given that it's not something I do all the time the sliding window was a good idea.

Those large side windows also mean that I can open the sliding window from either side of the car without climbing in and so far I've only found one box that I couldn't get out the side window and that was a large Brother multi function printer so in all I'm a lot happier with the big windows than I'd have been with smaller windows like other people I know have. But it's all personal preference, I use the side windows more than the back others may not.

D 40 canopy

Just picked up my D 40 after having an ARB canopy fitted.
Took about 10 days from ordering - $2700.00 fitted and has 2 liftup side windows.
Looks great, colour matched perfectly.
Now I have the Sports Bars with that tube thing that bolts to the top of the sports bar and a near new soft cover for sale - looking at $150 for the lot.

If the ARB canopy stuffs up you'll hear about it - but it looks OK to me.

Jeff.

D 40 canopy

I thought you might say that - I've seen a few advertised from - free to a good home to about $300.00(wishfull thinking).
Will hang on to them as I might find a use for all the various bits and pieces later on.

Jeff.

They were on ebay for up to $800 last year when I first looked at selling mine. I figured I would have been lucky to get $80 for it and have no idea if they actually sold at $800 but I gave up the idea of selling it as too much effort and stashed it in the old mans shed and now I can't even get to it if I did want to sell it.

Hi everyone. New to this. Just wondering about sealing around your canopies. How well do they seal around the tail gate.

Hi jeff.
How well is it sealed around the tail gate. Have you got any photos.
James

Latest posts

Back