what does anyone think?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJZ987

Reaction score
hi all, i want to put a bull bar on my d22 i was wondering if anyone has an ARB Sahara bar or what you all think about them?? thanks

Anthony

ARB doesn't make a Sahara Bar for the d22, only the d40. Arb and TJm both make great bars.

I don't mind ARB gear, as I've said elsewhere.

And ARB also certify their bars are air-bag compliant.

It's my belief that the "Nissan" branded bar is manufactured by ARB anyway, just to a different specification.

Don't fit the bar yourself. Let them do the cutting of the front panel, so that if they make a mistake and cut it too high, they have to rectify it.

Does the D22 need panels chopped? I was thinking it was just a bumper replacement bar??

Maybe I wont fit my self. I fitted one to my patrol but that was just unbolt the bumper and bolt on the bar. Not to keen to take to my car with an angle grinder

cheers Mickey

I thought there was a small amount of the panel below the headlights that was retained. There certainly is on my D40, and I've just tried searching through the forums to find the pics of the Navara where the owner had cut a fraction too much guard away to fit the bar but I've not had any luck. Suffice to say it didn't look TOO bad in the end - it could have been worse.

Na on the D22 you just remove the bumper for a bullbar.

The D40 needs the bumper cut up to put a bullbar on.

Dave.

So now we have to cut our car and our hair...sheesh it's no wonder you D22 drivers don;t like D40's, you just can't handle the work that comes with owning one :eviltongue:

D40's are a emo sorta ute, most owners are depressed so they cut there ute up.

We all make mistakes, sure use should of bought a D22 but you can do it one day.

Dave.

It's the legroom, Krafty. Dave's jealous he can't stretch his legs out in the back and keeps nicking himself with the razor. You'll have to stop stirring him up about it.

As long as he doesn't blame me for the nicks and cuts, he used to blame me for that after I shaved his back and never once said thanks.

im sure i have sen a sahara bar on a d22 before, and old.tony i will be letting them fit any bar i buy. thanks for all the feedback gona go see what i find.

What's wrong with the Alloy bull bar Nissan fit? Got one on mine and it still looks good after nearly 5 years. Still scares the be-jesus out of cats & dogs and idiots who run out in front of me to cross the road and the odd bird that has had a real good look at 100kph. The roo that hit his tail on it doing 60kph just out of Kalbarrie a few weeks ago wasn't too impressed either but you get that.

Depending on what you want to do with it I would put the Nissan steel bar on it so you can fit a winch to it if you want.Depending on the year of the car if it has airbags you will have to get an airbag compatible one.You will be able to pick these up 2nd hand from a wreckers or ebay.

I've been told by my dealer that TJM make the Patrol steel bar, I'd be surprised if they didn't also make the D40 and D22 bar. Considering how similar the Type 5 commercial bar is to the Nissan bar, it should be no surprise...
I've been told that the alloy bar is made by EC, but can't say I've bothered to check much as I don't care about teh alloy bars :D

i dont mind nissan bars but well i do want a steel one for a winch, but i really like the look of the arb sahara bar and i saw a similar one a d22 and it looked really good.

Anthony

The ARB bar is a good piece of kit. They do make one for the D22, and it doesn't look bad. Looks pretty much like the one hanging off the front of mine, to be honest, and I don't mind it.

It's rated to carry a 4300kg (9500lb) winch. Takes 1.5 hours to fit, according to ARB's web page.

Be ready to wind up the torsion bars a little. The bar is heavy (the documentation doesn't say how heavy it is, but it's a lot of heavy steel going on the front. The winch should be around the 40kg mark. Measure the distance (on flat ground) from your wheel arch to the ground on both sides before mounting, so that you can adjust things back to "level". That's important for your headlights.

Don't forget we've got that Yengo run coming up on 13 Nov too, you and Nick might want to join this one - it's not an easy track, but there's not a lot of real danger as long as everyone takes their time.

oh yeah thats right that is coming up i will be there, gota talk to nick about it, wel actually tony the bar i do want it the steel frame with the alloy middle bar only. i just need to find one for the d22. have you posted details for the yengo trip?

Latest posts

Back