D40 V6 Petrol oil and Filters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroplion

Reaction score
Hi Guys

can anyone help I am sick of paying someone to service my d40 it is out of warranty and thinking of doing it my self. But i dont know witch oil and air and oil filter to use

Thanks Stroplion

Last edited:
The oil specs are in the owners manual, take them to Super Crap or Autobarn etc and match the specs to a bottle of oil. The book will also tell you how much so you can figure out how many bottles. There is a thread on here about who's using what oil but in general it's a personal preference, as long as the oil specs match the Nissan specs you can't really go wrong.

Both SCA and Autobarn have filter lists as well, they will show you exactly which filters fit which models. Once again your brand of filter is a personal choice and yours to make not one for someone else to talk you into.

There is also comparison websites with if you put in the Nissan part number they will show you the compatible filters. Or alternatively just use ebay, there is quite a number of filter suppliers selling on ebay, match your engine with the specs they are quoting and they will send you the filters.

As much as I think anyone who is attempting DIY should really be able to figure out the basics like part numbers and where to look for such things like oil specs try some of these.

Ryco will give you compatible filter numbers for Nissan vehicles.
Sakura will do the same
K&N will also do the same
or
Western Filters will not only give you the info but sell you the bits.

Oil specs are in the back of the book as are volumes and the specs are on the bottle labels.

Find the thread that talks about D40 part numbers - from memory there is a link to a BP oil type finder on page 5 (just checked it the other day). It gives you all the fluid types - really handy. The oil type is 5w 30, and takes about 5.5 litres. The Ryco oil filter is available from Repco and Supercheap (bought from both). Got a Ryco air filter from Repco aswell. No one other than Nissan makes or sells belts or rad hoses -but I know the US belt is the same (except a fraction of the price), just not sure of the hoses.

Latest posts

Back