Oil filters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistol-W

Reaction score
Hi again,
I'm posting from Spain & I have a Spanish built 2008 D40.
Having only just got the truck, & being Christmas... I need to give her a full service.... getting the oil filter was a strange thing as here they don't stock the cheaper filter ? (which I didn't ask for)
With a bit of translation it seems that All the big filter makers sell standard filters and filters with a "block valve" (no-return valve) & the local stockist only carry the block valve filter.
They say they don't have any problems with high mileage chains ect... Top make filter with block valve and fully Synthetic 5w 30w oil & they last forever ?

Makes sense, as when I went to a couple of Auto-parts stores on line (English) they directed me to oil filters WITHOUT a block valve...
This tie's in with trying to get a price to upgrade my engine to the duplex chain conversion ?... None of the garages I have been to have done one ? & one mechanic came out and listened to my motor, said it sounded sweet ?
I will order a conversion from BGA in England and do the work myself soon just for peace of mind.

Happy new year.

Hi again,
I'm posting from Spain & I have a Spanish built 2008 D40.
Having only just got the truck, & being Christmas... I need to give her a full service.... getting the oil filter was a strange thing as here they don't stock the cheaper filter ? (which I didn't ask for)
With a bit of translation it seems that All the big filter makers sell standard filters and filters with a "block valve" (no-return valve) & the local stockist only carry the block valve filter.
They say they don't have any problems with high mileage chains ect... Top make filter with block valve and fully Synthetic 5w 30w oil & they last forever ?

Makes sense, as when I went to a couple of Auto-parts stores on line (English) they directed me to oil filters WITHOUT a block valve...
This tie's in with trying to get a price to upgrade my engine to the duplex chain conversion ?... None of the garages I have been to have done one ? & one mechanic came out and listened to my motor, said it sounded sweet ?
I will order a conversion from BGA in England and do the work myself soon just for peace of mind.

Happy new year.
Amsoil EA filter is the absolute best then with Amsoil Signature series diesel oil as this filter will match and last the life of the 25.000 mile oil and which is the first and only 100% true synthetic. The wear package is the absolute best in the industry.
These engines are very near old technology with very high metal to metal wear ratio parts which a ultra
quality anti wear package oil is advantageous. Amsoil will outperform all others by literally miles and 25.000 mile oil changes intervals. In the non roller cam shafts the Nissan runs you really need this oil no matter what others say.

Latest posts

Back