REDARC SBI12 push button override problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgladwin

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have just installed a REDARC SBI12 dual battery isolator in my D40 and am having a few issues which i just cant get my head around.

I have installed a LED and momentary push button switch on my dash for the manual over ride feature. When i start the car the LED comes on and the solenoid "clicks" and both batteries are presumably connected. When I turn the motor off the LED stays on which it should until the voltage in the main battery drops to 12.7v. Thing is the battery is dropping to 12.4v (according to my multimeter) once i apply a load but the isolator is not disengaging the link between the two batteries. Can any one give any ideas as to why this is happening??

One other thing, when the motor is running and the LED is on. If i push the button the LED goes out but the solenoid does not disengage. Is that what is supposed to happen?

I have wired up the whole thing exactly as the instructions ( i am 99% confident in this but you never know :p) so i cant work out why these things are happening. I have not used a resistor as the LED i have is 12v.

And lastly when the solenoid is disengaged and no LED is on, i push the button which is supposed to link the two batteries does not happen and i dont get a light on the LED or the LED on the actual REDARC unit.

Any help appreciated.
Cheers,
Martin

Guys I worked out my problem. I had the wrong momentary switch.
It was closed when I wasn't pushing it and open when I was pushing it.

Mods delete this thread if you want or leave for future members.

Cheers

Glad you found the problem and got it fixed because I must admit I'd forgotten about it. I read it last night and wasn't in a very thinking mood so I palmed it off figuring someone else would help you, obviously that someone was yourself. Well Done!

I had a similar problem when I installed my Redarc isolator - mainly because like most blokes I didn't read the instructions and wired the crack battery to the deep cycle post and the deep cycle to the crack battery post on the isolator. No harm done apart from my ego.

Another thing i might add for people doing this install in the future and are using the override feature.

When you wire up the LED you HAVE to use an LED and not a 12v light/globe or similar. The blue override wire on the SBI12 puts out very low voltage and will not have enough power to light up a globe. I ended up having to take out the little red light i had, and installing an LED with a 1k ohm resistor as per the instructions.

Learn from your mistakes huh....

Latest posts

Back