15inch steelies.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you know what offset that the rims where? i know i can get 15x8 to fit just need to get the right offset i have heard if you get patrol offset they fit but im not sure what a patrol offset is.

Standard D22 7 inch rims are +40, so if you go to an 8 inch rim you need around a +20 to keep em inside the wheel arch as much as possible.

But you'll need at least +0 if not more with a 15x8.

+20 with a 16x8 is very popular as it's the most positive offset you can get in steel wheels.

ahk so probs will stick out bulk then. would you recommend getting 16x8s i cant see there being much diffrent between a 15 and 16 inch rims is there??

Cheers

nah my mate have me some tyres and they are for 15's and i can get some 15x7 to fit easy but i wanted 15x8s so i can get 33 later and dont need to buy new rims but think i will just get 16 WAY less hasstle....

I just trail fitted a 15x7 rim with +10 offset made by infinity wheels, and it fit no problem. I also tried a 15x7 with 0 offset whis was obviously also fine, but stuck out a little bit too far - with a tire on it would have stuck out heaps, so i think i will go with the +10 offset but 8" wide....

I just trail fitted a 15x7 rim with +10 offset made by infinity wheels, and it fit no problem. I also tried a 15x7 with 0 offset whis was obviously also fine, but stuck out a little bit too far - with a tire on it would have stuck out heaps, so i think i will go with the +10 offset but 8" wide....

Cheers i went down the wheel shop last week and he got in some 15x7's with -6 offsett and they are just clearing the calliper havent put a tyre on them yet but when the rim was on it didnt look like it would stick out that much. i want it to stick out a little though ahah looks tough :rock:

Cheers i went down the wheel shop last week and he got in some 15x7's with -6 offsett and they are just clearing the calliper havent put a tyre on them yet but when the rim was on it didnt look like it would stick out that much. i want it to stick out a little though ahah looks tough :rock:

cool.... just remember that the tire will stick out further than the rim, my guess is that with -6 offset, (i think that is Patrol offset, 0 offset is apparently Landcruiser, and +10 is Hilux - all for 15" wheels) when you put tires on they will stick out HEAPS... When i tried the 0 offset wheel, the rim sat about 5-10mm inside the guards, With a mud tire that would have been way too much for me. After all that messing about, I have just ordered a set of 16x8 King wheels, with +20 offset. I will just use my factory tires for now (might as well get some use out of em as my Nav has only done 10,000km) and then stick some 32" KM2s on when the time comes.... The standard tires on these rims look better - and wider than the factory alloys, (sales manager at wespoint nissan in brissy has same setup) so will keep me happy for a while. I also came to this decision by comparing two other member's setups - Mick-J's Garage :: The Wombat and Ridgie on this thread http://www.navara.asia/d22-wheels-tyres-brakes/4015-sunraysia-rims-3.html I was sooo close to going 0 offset like Mick-J, and then read his comment about more stone chips with tires sticking out.... also, Ridgie's wheels and tires look sweet as, so i'll be pleased with +20 and have less stone chips in my paintwork....

Just had 16x8 +20 offset from King wheels fitted, and is perfectly flush with the arches... 0 offset would boviously stick out quite alot...

Cheers...

Attachments

• 24112010115.jpg
    24112010115.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 24112010111.jpg
    24112010111.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 24112010113.jpg
    24112010113.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 88

Latest posts