Easter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navarian

Reaction score
To alot of people Easter means eggs :no:
To me it means getting the fark out of here. I'm heading up to the mountains for a few days camping and touring,out the back of Mt Stirling,hope to camp somewhere along the Howqua in that area,Pikes flat or Bindaree.

If any forum members are in the area drop in for a coldie,i'll have a few on hand.Silver D40 twin cab.I answer to the name "Ian" although i've been called alot worse :big_smile:

What have you got planned?

I wish I could get up there, a few of my mates are heading to Sheepyard, I reckon they are nuts cause it will be standing room only in there, I'll be hanging round home waiting for someone to come and buy my Nav.

Abit far for me to travel.

Get some pic's, haven't spent much time in Victoria.

They still playing that girls footy (AFL) down there. lol.

Dave.

Hope you have a good weekend Ian.

Family and I are going to nearby Crowdy Bay National Park to test out the new camper for a few days. I've given myself tomorrow off so I can go at lunchtime and get a good spot. I'm not looking forward to how busy it will most likely be though.

Good luck with your Navara Shonky.

A few pics from Easter,had a great trip,first time offroad for the missus and she enjoyed herself as well.

Camp at Bindaree
P4100272.jpg

Bindaree falls
P4120282.jpg

missus thought this was a good spot to stop for lunch.
Bluff track,Mt Buller ski resort in the background.
P4110277.jpg

Driving through snow gums on Monument track
P4120291.jpg

King river
P4120114.jpg

Have a bit of video as well and i'll try to post that up tommorrow.

It's an awesome area that mate, I go up that way regularly, stayed at Pineapple flat last time I was up there. That monument track is a good one isn't it.

Nice pics and area, dont think Id set up a tent under gumtrees though.

Nice D40 by the way.

Dave.

It is an awesome area Shonky,i've only checked out a small part of it.I hope to get a couple more weekends up there and check out a bit more before they close the gates for winter.From then it will be parking at TBJ and hiking with the snowboard.I would love to ride Monument track on my board.I checked out Pineapple flat,that looks a good camp site.
When you get your next vehicle if you are up for a bit of cruising out that way let me know.
Dave,i'm trying to wet your's and others appetite with the pics for a trip south.The camp ground was a bit more crowded than that pic shows,i don't usually camp under gums.One dropped a bit further up the valley on sunday night,that one would have been a widowmaker,sounded like a bomb going off.

Anyway,here is a vid of part of monument track.The vid doesn't do the track justice and i was a bit nervous taking the missus down there for the first time,turned out she loved it.Good times,sorry about the vid quality.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back