Tub Alignment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al

LURKER
Reaction score
I only just noticed my tub isn't on straight with the chassis. (can tell from gap with cab and also gap at rear bumper... is it a easy task to straighten it? I'm guessing the bolts/mounts allow some degree of adjustment? cheers

Twisted tub,

Hi my tub is now twisted, went to get a load of river rock and the seller who discovered he knew me decided to buff me out with the quantitie and loaded the f@#k out of the nav, after unloading it ,, im sure the gap between tub and the ute is bigger,(shat my self) after seeing that d40 on the beach with snapped chassis...it looks ok , but there is now a bigger gap on one side compared to the other.. is it adjustable?. cheers

G'day all. Got a my10 d22 couple of weeks back, booked it in for 1000k service yesterday. I'm hoping they'll be able to fix the twist in the ute body. Left hand front corner up over 10mm, with only a 5mm rubber packer between the mount and chassis (haven't carried a load yet). Right hand body line is good, left not. It will be interesting to see if they can fix it to my satisfation. Other than that I'm rapt with it so far. take care

(shat my self) after seeing that d40 on the beach with snapped chassis

Where did you see this? is it on the forum?

I was on a hunting trip in the Gatta in the vic high country in may this year when one of the guys with us has a brand new ford ranger with one of those campers that sit on the tray of the ute, he had airbags set up with his suspension, after some pot holes, long climb in through some steep tracks that had some big humps (bit like big speed humps) the guys behind him noticed his towbar was dragging along the ground and getting worse. Turns out the chassis bent right over the airbags until the towbar hit the gound.

They managed to bend it back a bit somehow, so he drove out without the camper, came back in with a hilux to get it out.

Not sure what ended up happening, aparantly ford didnt want to know about it. His bro in law works at an insurance company, somehow they put it through insurance.
I think they bent it back and strengthened somehow.

Makes you wonder about putting too much weight on the back, especially when 4wding.

By the way they reckon the camper only weighed about 400k.

Makes you wonder about putting too much weight on the back, especially when 4wding.

By the way they reckon the camper only weighed about 400k.

AFAIUI, leaf springs have two (strengthened?) points at which they take to load of the vehicle, while the air bags have only one. I've read advice on a camper trailer forum (myswag.org?) to strength the vehicle frame if you replace springs with air bags. Something about advice from the landrover forum originally comes to mind.

It isn't just the weight, but how it transfers to the tray/tub body that matters(spread or point) and the dynamics of vehicle.

I just remembered I took a pic of it.
It looks like a tilt tray, but shes not!

It was worse than that too, thats after they managed to bend it back a bit.

Lucky it didnt snap in half, some pretty steep country up there, some guys actually went over the edge in a land crusier ute the week we were there, i didnt see it but im pretty sure they would have fallen a fair way, and i dont know how the fark they would have got it out, maybe its still there?

Attachments

• 100_0483.jpg
    100_0483.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back