Valve/Rocker Cover Removal YD25 D40 Thai

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott52

Reaction score
Recently I had to remove the valve cover because the top injector seals were leaking again.

I have a 2011 D40 single cab Thai build 2.5 diesel manual tray back. Removing the valve cover is pretty straight forward but it's made more difficult with the "Exhaust Support" bracket part # 14443-EB70A or 14443-EC00A. The bracket bolts to the back of the turbo and the rear LH side of the head. The two bolts securing it to the head also clamp the L shaped bracket that supports the cable and hose going over the back of the motor. This L shaped bracket needs to be removed to get to one valve cover bolt at the LH rear corner but the exhaust support bracket has to be partially removed first to swing up out of the way. The four bolts are behind the bracket and difficult to get at.

I have a friend with a 2012 Thai built king cab 2.5 diesel manual tray back and to my surprise his doesn't have this exhaust support bracket. It's not that a previous owner has removed it because the heat shield behind the turbo has no provision for the additional support bracket whereas my single cab does. When I use the parts finder it appears only the 4wd and 2wd single cabs have this annoying bracket and it has me perplexed. The valve cover removal is so much easier on my friends king cab due to the absence of the extra bracket.

Does anyone have an explanation? I'd like to remove it but I'm reluctant to do so at present because it must be there for a reason. Do the king and dual cabs have additional exhaust support so they don't need this bracket?

All the other parts and components in and around the turbo and cat are the same so I'm puzzled as to why this bracket is required.

This is my 2011 single cab
1682241932419.png

This is the 2012 king cab
1682241112863.png

1682240492602.png

Attachments

• 1682240655504.png
    1682240655504.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back