squeak from front passenger side

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenevera

Reaction score
hey guys just have a annoying squeak coming from the front passenger side of my nav it happens when you go over a bump mainly going straight and if your on a bumpy road it is quite a pain in the ass
now the bump stops are greased well aware of this one and the other thing i thought it might be is the bash plate rubbing on the sway bar but i bent the bash plate away from it
so im pretty much stuck ive checked all around it for loose bolts found a couple but it still makes the noise
ive just had gearbox out to change clutch but the noise was apparent before taking gearbox out.
any help would be great hopfully someone has had this problem before

will do and im not sure if i should have mentioned i have a full 3inch snake racing lift kit
cheers

Had one similar just recently. Have you got roof racks? I was out in the bush swinging off the bull bar and anything else I could think of looking for something loose, wasn't until I got home I found the roof rack was loose and the rubber pad was the squeak!

Cheers Brad

yer i do but its defeinatly coming from passengers side steering/suspension
and its more of a metallic sqeak

I reckon mine had a metallic sound to it as well....Any way I hope you find it as it will most likely drive you mad until you find it!!
I had a noise that sounded like it was coming from the front passenger airbag, sounded like one of those old metal clickers. Turned out to be the inner front guard pushing on the firewall.

Cheers Brad

mine was doing this and it was just the bonnet latch... a bit of silicone spray and its gone

I have had the same squeek, front passenger side engine bay when driving on bumpy road for over two years, started up on Cape York. I spent ages trying to find it but couldn't so I am just waiting for it (the squeeking object) to fall off, then I will let you what it is LOL.

I got my suspension done on Thursday and now i have what seems to be a similar squeak but mine is a D40. Very annoying and could be a million different things.

i have got this noise to, also check the black plastic panel infront of the windscreen, the one that goes the whole way across and the wind screen wipers sit on. mine has worn the clips that hold it and i reckon it could be that vibrating and rubbing on everything around it,

Mine is driving me mad at the moment and is really loud. The front sounds like it's metal on metal but the rear sounds like hard rubber on metal, both loud squeaks but have a different sound to them.

Make sure its not a pair of earings in the ashtray before you go running to supercheap auto to pull your Nav apart.:sarcastic: Check to see that your shocker bushes aren't worn and have a look at your exhaust mounts.You may have a broken mount and it could be rubbing.Check you control arm bushes for ware and check you body mounts.Get a can of silicon spray and spray different parts at a time and go for a drive.Keep doing 1 part at a time and when the squek goes away you know what it is.

Latest posts

Back