D21 Panel Help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Ive just bought a 1991 D21 Navara and I'm looking at doing a bit of work to it, I'm having a bit of trouble finding out whether I can fit the panels off a 1995 model onto my 1991 without having to make any major adjustments. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!!

First off, Mitch, welcome! What are you planning on doing to your Navara?

They'll bolt right up, there were no body changes from August '85 till end of manufacture. There are some differences in attachment points between the two different front end styles, so the holes are there but the the weld nuts aren't, but that's no biggie.

Looking at the D22 skirts I reakon you could bolt D21 guards onto them.

Thats how close they are.

Dont believe me, have a look at they way the D22 guards are on the front. Looking from the engine bay.

Dave.

Thanks a lot for the advice guys....I think that there were two models made in the 1995 era....1992-1995 and 1995-1997. I will post some photos soon and show you what I'm up to.

Not sure what you mean by the two models made in the 95 era...? Nissan will tell you they made one style from 85 to 92 and another from 92 to 97 which looked a bit like a Pathfinder, but in reality in true Nissan style it's all over the place, I've seen stock 89s with the newer fascia, in the US they never had the old fascia, the Pathfinder never had it, etc.

If that's what you're referring to, all the bits are bolt-on interchangeable, however if you're talking about panels from the D22 from 97 onwards, you'll run into at least some genuine mounting headaches even if the mounts are almost identical in places as Dave suggests. That doesn't mean don't try though!

Photos will certainly help us give you better advice, plus they're interesting anyway.

Thats exactly the information I was after...I must have gotten the years mixed up, I wanted to know if the 1992-1997 D21 panels would fit on my 1991 D21 without many hassles.
Thanks a lot for your help...life saver!

Thats exactly the information I was after...I must have gotten the years mixed up, I wanted to know if the 1992-1997 D21 panels would fit on my 1991 D21 without many hassles.
Thanks a lot for your help...life saver!

No worries mate. Best of luck with your Navara.

Latest posts

Back